Christmas

Keep getting Christmas cards addressed to just me. Carnt even open them. Have not put my tree or any trimmings. Just doesn’t seem right. David always would start trimming tree with lights outside. I just feel so empty inside. I just go through the motions getting up and trying to cope without him by my side. Why did he have to die. He was only 67. The most nicest lovable human being ever…

I am in the same situation feeling so upset as Xmas time is getting closers haven’t put my tree up I thought things was suppose to get easier but seems to be getting harder

I am getting cards wishing me a wonderful Christmas.That’s the last thing I will be having.How can you have a jolly time when you’ve lost the love of your life and you’re alone and lonely.I know people mean well but I wish they would just stop and think

I’m fed up of family and friends saying take a day at a time. My sole mate and love of my life has gone. Don’t know how to go on. I have no children. Only 1 sister. So lonely without him my heart is in pieces. My sister rang me today to say put tree up and get in Xmas mood. How can I.

Hi it just isnt fair ah! I lost my Mick too and he was 67 and the kindest man ever. We were together 43 years. I have no family at all and live alone. It is a horrible lonely life. Luckily I have some great friends that have kept me going, I go from day to day wondering will life ever be good again. Mick loved Christmas and we always had a lovely time. I did put up a tree and a few decorations as I know Mick would be mad if I didnt do something. I do Miss him so much like you miss your partner This will be my first Christmas without him. We must try and be strong but it is hard ah! x

I am so lonely. Don’t seem to be living anymore. Feel like it’s a dream and will wake up and he will be there. But it’s not a dream. He’s never coming back to me.

Hi Valerina,

I’m so sorry to hear about how you are feeling. Christmas can be an incredibly hard time of year for anyone grieving so please remember that there are still people who are there for you.

The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123,or jo@samaritans.org).

Your GP is also able to refer you to counselling or other support services.

You deserve care and support so please, get in touch with one of these services. If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999, go to A&E or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,

Susannah