Christmas..

Does anyone know of any charity where someone who is going to be totally alone ( due to death of their partner and no immediate family ) where they all can go to spend Christmas together,where people are all in the same boat, so to speak…ae their such places, if so, i would love to find one near to me this coming Christmas, i really do not want to be alone just wishing for the days to end…of course i am also thinking of my MS illness…I wold happily pack a suitcase so i can be with other like minded people to get me through these three or four days…
If their are no such places, there should be, so many lonely people having to get through a Christmas is unacceptable in this day and age, yet this often happens, the elderly, lonely and the frail…

Jackie…

Hi Jackie. It might be worth contacting your local Council offices they might have something going. I think it depends on the area and what they organise. The Salvation Army might also organise something. Age UK might know of something and I know you have contact with them. I agree there should be something for people on their own at Christmas.
Years ago when I first arrived on the Island I worked for the Council. I ran a centre for unemployed people. Where they could get advice and somewhere for them to go during the day to keep them off the streets. I wanted to open the centre at Christmas as there was so many young unemployed people that had nowhere to go. I wasn’t allowed to do this, so I used to invite some of the lads to my house for Christmas dinner.
Best of luck
Pat xx

Pat…
… thank you for replying, as i know we have still three plus months for Christmas but it is breaking my heart remembering that i said to Richard, this Christmas ( last Christmas ) i am going to buy a Christmas tree and we will put one up this year, we hadnt done this for some years. i had also said the reason" we might not see another Christmas together…" well sadly how right was that, so i shan’t be putting up the Christmas tree this year, i just couldn’t bring myself to do that, not now, not anymore so I know this Christmas i will just hide away here indoors just praying to get it over with, this is the reason i want to get away from this empty home, not forgetting i keep looking at the armchair he died in…I am starting to go to pieces, my mental state and my MS health…
Yes thank you, i will enquire with the Age UK as they are still in the process with helping me deal with solicitor business…Of course baring in mind my very isolated parkhome site, if i was to take a taxi over the Christmas period, i cant even imagine what they would charge, of course their charges would get upped…Same as my annaul MS posh hotel Christmas lunch that both of us went to, well i shant be going this year, they have already given us the menu and form, hoe can i go, no transport, no car, no Richard sitting by my side…I really am not looking forwards to this Christmas, too be honest i am struggling now and feel i am going downhill, not sure i will even make it till Christmas the way things are going, my MS has already been exacerbated…

Jackie…sending a (( hug ))