Coming home to empty house

Just been out to register my husband’s death. It was so hard. My sister came with but I can’t bear coming home to the house with him not here. I don’t think I’ll ever want to go out again.

1 Like

Hi @Jean8,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

Hi
I sometimes feel I could stay home where I feel close to my husband all the time but I also know he would want me to carry on. I’ll always love him and take him with me wherever I go. It’s been 12wks since his passing but I remember well how hard it was to keep telling people he was gone. Going to banks and sorting stuff was so very hard, sometimes I couldn’t get the words out of my mouth :heart:
Thinking of you

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, Palmart. I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s just over two weeks for me and I know my husband would want me to go out and about which is fine. I just can’t bear to come home so it’s just easier to stay in.

1 Like

That’s exactly how I feel. My husband died unexpectedly on October 18th.

The shock is so very hard to bear. Sending a hug