We’re currently hard at work updating the technology behind the Online Community site. We’ve planned our updates to reflect what you all want, based on our latest user survey and other feedback from you. We’re adding some new features that are intended to make it easier to find your way around the site, and see when someone has replied to you.
Thanks very much to all of those who have signed up to test the site in more detail. For the rest of you, I wanted to give you some idea of what changes we’re making. Here’s some of what you can expect:
- Include emojis, pictures, bold text and more formatting in your posts
- In-site notifications to make it easier to see when someone’s replied to you without checking your email
- See which threads you have already read, and jump back to where your last-read post in a thread
- Find your own old posts more easily
- Save draft posts, so you don’t lose what you are writing
- Tag other users to invite them to join a conversation
These are due to go live on the site in November.
The online bereavement counselling service is also being upgraded – if you are registered for counselling keep an eye out for an email with more information.
If you’ve got any comments or feedback, please let me know by replying to this post or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.