Coming to terms with the death of my husband

My husband died 14 weeks ago, the initial shock has subsided to be replaced by a deep sadness. I’m told I’m doing so well, I think this means I’m “living” life and not sharing my tears. The realisation that he’s never coming back is a hard one to deal with. Does this ever get any easier?

I am so sorry, Caz that your husband has died. Please keep posting here, where you will find empathy and understanding.
Take care,
MaryL x

1 Like

Hi Caz, I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband and I hope you will find some comfort from visiting and posting on this site.
It’s been 19 weeks since my wife died suddenly and I also find that the initial shock has been replaced with the deep sadness of reality.
You ask if it gets any easier… It’s too early for me to know but I’m told it will get a little easier in time… but I haven’t been given any time scale!
In the meantime I am just getting through one day at a time, and that’s all I can suggest for you at the moment.
You’re absolutely right, it is a hard one to deal with. My good wishes go with you. Take care, AL

1 Like

Hello Caz, I lost my husband 11 weeks ago and now that the shock has worn off I just feel like you do, overwhelmed and just want things to go back to how they used to be. I cope well to the outside world but inside I am broken. i can’t think back yet to the good times we had. I can only think of the shock of him becoming ill and leaving me so suddenly. I’m sure we will get there but this site will be a Godsend to you so keep posting.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, absolutely taking it one day at a time.

2 Likes

I lost my husband in May but while I am trying to do normal things there are times when I still can’t believe that he is gone and not coming back.
While your world will feel very empty, you are not alone!
:two_hearts:

I really feel for and with you. I lost my lovely ife 8 weeks ago 2/7/20 and am still in shock that she has gone, that she became so very ill and that she died. I am getting on with the semblance of life as you are, but I am still waiting for the shock to wear off. In fact you’ve helped me pin point how I feel, because I can never describe it when people ask me- it is shock. This is an incredibly difficult experience.

1 Like