Community offline on 12 November

The Online Community site is going to be offline on 12 November from 9.30am for up to four hours. This is while we complete some technical upgrades and improvements on the site.

Read more details about what we’re changing here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/general-chat/coming-soon-sneak-peek-changes-your-online-community

I know how important it is for many of you to be able to get support through the Online Community, and I’m really sorry that it will be unavailable during this time. Some downtime is necessary to complete this upgrade, but we’ll do our best to keep it to a minimum. We are also doing the work early in the day, as we know that the site is busiest in the evenings.

If you need someone to talk to during this time, here are some people that can help.
To talk about terminal illness and end of life care: Marie Curie helpline, 0800 090 2309

To talk about bereavement: Cruse Bereavement helpline, 0808 808 1677

For a listening ear about anything that’s bothering you: Samaritans, 116 123

If you have any questions, please give me a shout by replying to this post or emailing me on online.community@sueryder.org

Hi All. I fully expected the site to go off for a while. I’m surprised it’s not longer. Upgrading any site takes time and patience. Once again I have to say I’m really looking forward to it. It’s good as it is, but there are a few glitches that need sorting. But it will be the Sue Ryder website and what more could we want. Blessings.

1 Like

Hope there won’t be too many major changes as I’ve got used to this one. No patience with changes nowadays. Can’t even tolerate the supermarkets changing their shelves. I give up and go home, no patience. My brain too scrambled these days for complications. So if I disappear you know why. I’m stuck.
Pat xx

1 Like

Hi Pat,

We’ve tried not to make it too dramatically different. Some of our existing users have done some testing for me and they did find their way around OK.

There is a list of the main changes you will notice here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/general-chat/coming-soon-sneak-peek-changes-your-online-community. There will also be a new help section with step-by-step instructions for using the site. And, of course, if you get stuck, just email me at online.community@sueryder.org - I’ll be here to help!

Oh no Pat. Give me a shout if you get stuck as well as admin. I am computer literate so can help. For God’s sake don’t disappear. Love John.

Will our messages still be there afterwards?

Hi Liz, Yes, absolutely. All profiles, passwords, forum posts and private messages will still be there when the site comes back online - it will just be updated with some new features, which you can read more about here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/general-chat/coming-soon-sneak-peek-changes-your-online-community

I’ve only been a member a short while and if there is one thing I can look forward to it’s a forum upgrade and an edit button! Oh, that’s two things. :slight_smile: