Coping on the outside screaming inside

Same here … I’m just starting g on this road … my husbands funeral is 20th May … I miss him so so so much … I’m shocked and traumatised! I’m the only one left after losing g him and both our sons. It’s so hard. sue x

Hello Barbcon
I feel exactly the same as you!
I lost my husband of 36 years! He was 63 when he passed away and I am totally lost with out him.
When people ask me if I’m ok ( which is all day long because I am back at work) I just say yes thank you because I don’t feel like telling them how I am really feeling because they will never understand!

My husband passed away in October last year, a man up the road said to me how are you feeling now!!! I was quite angry! How am I feeling now??? How do he think I am feeling?
I’m feeling exactly the same as I was in October it’s only 6 and half months ago am I expected to be over it ???
The least people I speak to in a day is better some days like you say you want to shut yourself away at times.
Some people don’t know what to say so they just ignore the fact that I am there!
I feel like I have got 2 heads or something! To be honest I can’t be bothered with them.
I only have 1 Sister left from my immediate family and I have a Son and daughter in law.
I know who my best friends are because they are the ones who have stayed by my side through all of this , even when I have been at rock bottom!!!
Stay with us.
My heart goes out to you!
Sending you lots of love and hugs at this difficult time xx xx

2 Likes

Hello Ade
I lost my husband 6 and half months ago and I am absolutely devastated too but I really feel for you! Your story is so sad you looking out of the window hoping to see him!
I know what you mean because I can’t believe I will never see my husband again our journey together has been cruelly cut short far to quickly.
I have managed to get back to work as it wasn’t doing me any good being alone all day!
You may need Councilling! Someone to talk to who can really understand your heart ache and what you are going through.

I know life does go on but will never be the same again without them! But you have a life still and people who care dearly about you.
Your soul mate wouldn’t want to see you so upset and alone! He would want you to carry on with your life best you can .

Please have Councilling or talk to McMillan because I did and they were very helpful.

Sending you lots of love and hugs at this difficult time xx xx

1 Like

I feel for you so much. My husband died of cancer on 9th December after 50 years of matriage and, like you, I am apparently “coping” but I am screaming on the inside. I can see no end to this desolation but I am told the pain will ease even if the grief lasts for ever. We just have to go on putting one foot in front of the other because there’s nothing else and we have childr

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss it’s utterly heartbreaking your in my thoughts take care as much as possible Adele x

1 Like

Thankyou for caring Adele x

Hi Emily im so sorry to hear about your horrendous loss it’s heartbreaking I appreciate your kind words means alot I am on the waiting list for cruse bereavement but frankly I don’t see anything someone could say or do to change my utter heartbreak witnesing it all happen in front of my eyes we had all the future mapped out dreams and hopes to grow old together everything my life has been blown apart so tragically and cruelly im destroyed mentally and physically just want my soulmate back in my arms thankyou again for your hearfelt words at this time of your own sadness too sending you a hug take care of yourself as much as possible Adele x

Hi Emily
Thanks for your kind thoughts, we all know we will never be “ok” but people don’t want to hear this, was I the same before I lost my husband, probably. It’s nice to have this site where people do want to hear it and give support, I am retired so fill the day with walking the dog, decorating etc. The journey we are om is painful, but we know we are not alone, the me of 4 months ago would not recognise the me of today, I really believed I could not go on, on my own it all seemed to much, but I think we all have that inner strength, survival instinct to keep going and with the help of all our friends on here we can do it, keep well and take care of yourself xx

1 Like

Dear Pedro am I reading this right. You have just lost your husband and previously your sons. I can’t imagine what you are going through…What can I say. My thoughts are with you. Pat xxx

Hello Pedro, cannot begin to understand what you must be going through, to lose your whole family must be the cruelest twist of fate. I truly am sorry God the losses you have endured. I know how you feel about losing your husband as I am struggling to accept losing mine, but to lose your sons too, I cannot begin to know how you feel.

Sending hugs and blessings and truly hope you find peace ☆

Take care
Jen☆

Jen Thankyou for responding. It’s just unbearable and unbelievable … I don’t know how I’m going to do this … hugs abd thankyou, Sue

A week tomorrow is the 12 month anniversary of Alan passing I’ve been through hell this past week, having endured 12 month anniversary of the last Bank Holiday and 7th May was 12 month anniversary of him leaving our home for the last time (last year they were one of the same, May Bsbk Holiday Monday was 7th May). I have spent 12 months and 4 days in our home without Alan. I really don’t like it, yet know I’ve to try to cope as best I can. In the beginning all I could think of was going to join him,being a great believer in the spirit world from a very very young age (was 4 years old when I saw my grandad’s spirit (he passed on my 4th birthday), and after a conversation with Alan’s spirit, I knew I had to stop thinking about ‘speeding up’ my wish to be at his side. Doesn’t make it any easier and I struggle to cope most days, as others have said, we’ve been forced into a club none of us ever wanted to be signed up for.

I truly hope you do find strength to get through these very tough times.

Blessings
Jen ☆

1 Like

I feel just like that … my husbands funeral isn’t until 20th and I can’t stand it already. Both our sons died … I have nothing to live for but I know I have to. He was only ill for eight weeks and was diagnosed with cancer almost all over … he suffered so much for those eight weeks with terrible pain and other symptoms. He was such a good man he didn’t deserve this. What a life. I wish none of us were in this situation. Sue x

The title of this thread is exactly how I feel.
People see me out and about each day, gardening , dog walking, I look clean and tidy and I always say hello politely but underneath it is so raw. All I want to do is scream what did we ever do to deserve this terrible end to our lives?

I’m sorry to hear your struggling with everything same here can’t even open the blinds im destroyed mentally and physically thinking we’d be in the garden today having a joke Edward teasing me as I was pottering around it will be six months and three weeks on Wednesday afternoon coming since Edward soulmate fell asleep in my arms im utterly truamatised witnesing it all happen in front of my eyes im just existing second by second im pleased your finding some strength to go out I cant yet my anxiety is overwhelming take care of yourself as much as possible in my thoughts Adele x