Coping with bad days

I lost my son 21months ago, I have been in a really good place until Monday, it was something else that triggered it but Monday I just cried and cried, didn’t want to talk to anyone the Dr has advise bereavement counciling which I have my 1st one on 14th July by phonecall. I am feeling a little better at moment but feel that the slightest thing will set me of again, why do we have to go through this it is so unfair,

3 Likes

Dear @Juneann

Welcome to the Community. I so sorry for the loss of your son. Life is unfair and has so many unanswered questions when a parent loses a child.

Counselling will hopefully be of help to you. Sue Ryder has a Grief Self-Help Service which has useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

There is also an organisation called The Compassionate Friends which is for families who have lost a child of any age. They do also have a helpline on 0345 123 2304 from 10am - 4pm and 7pm - 10pm if you would like someone to talk to.

In the search bar if you type Losing a Child you can connect with members on here who have gone through what you are sadly going through.

Please continue to reach out. We are all here to support you.

Take care.

Pepsi