Coping with bereavement

It’s so difficult too know how to feel or how I’m supposed to feel 9 weeks on I’ve been staying with family keepinymyself busy but it’s so hard

4 Likes

Hi @Cancer2022
So sorry you have the need to come on the forum we all wish we were not eligible to join. It is a complicated pathway this grief leads us on. No two people react the same but we do all care about each other on here so I hope you will find the support you need. What a terrible Christmas it must have been for you.
Sending my love.
Karen xxx

1 Like

Thanks so much my husband died on Xmas eve we were expecting it but it’s still very difficult isn’t it it’s nice too have people that understand what you’re going through

4 Likes

Hi @Cancer2022. That’s the beauty of this forum. We all know exactly what you are going through and understand all the emotions you are feeling. This is a fabulous site and has been a Godsend to me since losing my wonderful husband 15 weeks ago. I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. Keep posting and reading on here. Big cuddle for you. Jean.

1 Like

@Cancer2022 So sorry for your loss at such a sensitive time. Even if you expect it I don’t think you are ever ready for the pain and emotion which follows. As others here have said, there is no right way to feel: how you grieve is individual to you. Keeping busy may work as a temporary distraction but you need to allow yourself time to grieve as well. It is part of your life now so be kind to yourself and go with what feels right for you. Hugs and support.

2 Likes

I can understand how you feel i knew my Husband did not have long to go the chemo was not working and was told he only had 6 months it was so hard knowing that one day he would be gone and i would be on my own always hear if you need to talk

2 Likes