Coping with birthdays and special dates

Today is my late husband’s birthday it’s the 2nd one without him. I found these dates so difficult, it just brings back all the memories and the pain of them not being here, it’s always difficult but these special dates are so so difficult.

I’m so sorry. I know your pain. There’s nothing I can say to make you feel better. We are all going through, or will go through, all the “firsts”. I wish you peace.
Barbara

@Sandra55 hi I am so very sorry for your loss I lost my partner pauline in April it was our anniversary on Tuesday and that was so hard without her being here her birthday is in December so I have that to come I feel for you it must be so hard on special dates I know everyday is hard but on certain dates it hits harder my thoughts are with you take care of yourself sending hugs x

1 Like

Hiya, I’m new to this , I lost my darling hubby in January, my birthday is February, he’s was April and our 43rd Anniversary in July, all a first without him here to celebrate with me. I think Christmas this year is gonna be worst for me, he loved Christmas and the preparations that go with it. I intend to make it a good one for him, as the last one he was so poorly and I only made half the effort… I am looking forward to it in one way but dreading it too. I want to remember the good times and make him proud that I am making the effort for him, the children/grandchildren… I take one day at a time and try to keep busy cos he wouldn’t want me to be unhappy and sad all the time. We had a very good life together and he would want me to remember the good times … Try not to be sad and try to make them proud of you. God Bless x

2 Likes

@Eve60 hello eve I am so very sorry for your losses I am trying to make pauline proud of me but I can’t seem to shake the sadness I feel sad and lost all the time without her to be honest I’m barely functioning but I will keep on trying christmas will be just me and our pets and to be honest I won’t be celebrating it keep posting on here you will find support thankyou for your message take care and God bless you x

1 Like

@Casey1 I feel for you…the loneliness is unbearable isn’t it… keep trying to get through every day and I really think something will change… it is doing for me and I was honestly ready to kill myself I was so hopeless but now I feel there will be a way to live happily again.

Keep breathing… just keep going. Take care x

2 Likes

@FleurDeLis hello fleur thankyou your message gives me a little hope I feel for you to and everyone going through this heartbreak and yes the loneliness is unbearable I will keep trying I have to for my pauline and our pets no matter how I feel sending hugs and love x

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss , I find special dates hard to cope with ! It would have been our 49th anniversary on the 23rd , the hardest part is no one mentioned it , I understand my family don’t want to upset me but it upsets me more by not talking about it and I don’t know what to say to them to let them know how much it upsets me .