Coping with grief

My husband’s funeral today and I miss him so much I don’t know how I am going to get through it

You will Paula, you will. We all feel like that. I didn’t think I would cope but I did. It seems some inner strength comes to us at times like this. See the funeral not as a permanent send off but as a departure to a better place. Another room in the house of life. I do hope you have some support and that those who were close to your husband can share your grief. We all do here, and our prayers and Blessings go out to you.

1 Like

Paula, my heart goes out to you. I don’t know what time but I will thinking of you all day. As Jonathan so rightly says you will cope. That inner strength will kick in.
I didn’t want to go to my husbands funeral as I don’t like showing emotion in front of other people, I thought I would show myself up. Would I want to scream and cry, but no I didn’t. Yes I cried quietly but I had purposely made it a celebration of Brian’s life. He was a singer and although I did wonder if I could cope with hearing him sing at his own funeral, my heart swelled with pride at the things he had done and then listening to his lovely voice. So yes you will find that inner strength and if you feel yourself faltering, just speak quietly to your husband asking him to help you.

God bless

Pat xxx

Hi Paula I hope you were ok and got through it - love to you on this difficult day xxx

1 Like