Coping with grief.

Hello I lost my beloved Mum in January and can not get over the overwhelming loss and sadness.She was everything to me we were so very close I was her carer too due to her health restrictions and spent so much time together I feel totally lost.Ive tried counselling and anti depressants which I’m off now as no impact please someone out there what else is there ?Thank you for taking the time to read this .

1 Like

Jessica30.
I am so sorry for the loss of your mum. No matter how old you are, it changes your life forever. Your mum is your first and forever friend. You never really get over the loss, but you learn to live with it. I know she is never far away from your thoughts, and is always in your heart.
I’m sure you will get suport from the lovely people on here.
Take care and stay strong xx

Thank you for taking the time to reply it’s appreciated

Hi Jessica
Please take a look at the topic called ‘How do we confront grief’. This is exactly how it is and it might help you in the future to be able to read this.
Good luck
xxx

1 Like

Thank you for your reply that’s exacty how I feel,some times swamped moments I feel ok.So hard but I know I’ll come through this but appreciate you taking the time to share.Take care :heartbeat:.

Hi Jessica I’m so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, I too lost my mum nearly two weeks ago on July 10th, its been so hard I cared for my mum at home for the last 6 weeks I so wish I’d had longer , j miss her so much nothings the same at my dads now shes not there she has left a huge void, I feel lost & the guilt is awful wishing I could have done more people say you will feel better in time but I really don’t know how you come through this it’s so heartbreaking , it helps to come on this site to know others are feeling the same and share their stories I hope we all can get through this, look after yourself
Take care
Lynn xx

Thank you Lynn I am so sorry for your loss too.it is the most awful hollow feeling my Mum was everything to me,I lost my Dad 14 years ago and although miss him dreadfully with my Mum it was so very different.I’m sure at some stage the burning hole that’s in our hearts will not be so painful over time I wish you strength to keep positive with happy memories of your dear Mum and keep sharing your thoughts.Thank you for replying to my message thinking of you .x

Hi Jess, I am truly sorry for the loss of your mum, like sad said your mum is your first and best friend you could have, and being her carer although it’s something neither of you truly wanted but the love and care you gave her must have brought you even closer and of course the void in your heart and the time you now have on your hands not having to care is massive.
I’ve also tried anti depression pills and counselling and like you neither helped what I found to be a great help with my grief is finding a grief buddy on platforms like these, someone who shares your pain someone you can pour your heart to, to share fun stories, to cry with… It really does help.
There are so many people on here with big hearts that are in pain and lonely and unless you’ve been through the same scenario you really can’t understand or help.
I am one of many I’m sure that will happily listen and be there in your deep and darkest moments so feel free to reach out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hi lostinlimbo it’s so difficult isn’t it?but hopefully the kindness and support of people on this platform will help us all get through this dreadful experience.Anytime you need a friend pop a post and I’m here xKeep strong .Thank you for taking the time to reply to me .

2 Likes

Hi,(lost in limbo & Jessica) it’s so tough, each day I think I’m doing ok & then I crash, i just hate the thought of not seeing my mum again, I dream of a after life to be able to hold on to something that she may contact but I guess that’s just holding on to what we no longer have, I hope your both finding ways to get through the day, my thoughts are with you both keep in touch
Love Lynn xx

Hey Jess, yes this platform of damaged souls is definitely the best place for us to all bond together and find our way, thankyou and keepstrong x

Hi Lynn, that is the worst part, your have a ok day or 2 then the next it’s like day one again and you find yourself in a heap crying.
We’re all here Lynn even telling funny stories or reliving happy memories certainly help so feel free anytime to message me and you stay strong and take care of yourself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: