Coping with grief

Having a bad day today, lost my wife 3rd June. Keep getting upset and seem lost, can’t sleep, despite keeping busy. Does it get easier?

Hi Sivam.
It does but it takes time, sometimes lots of it. I’m so sorry to hear about your wife. My wife died last November and the pain is easing a bit, just a bit. I know that in time I will feel better, but I will never ever forget. How could we forget half a lifetime together.
Keeping busy is fine, but in my opinion we should allow the grief process to have its way. Emotions and feelings should not be denied, but allowed out in tears or any other outlet that may help. Bottling up feelings is not good. Have you anyone close to talk to?
Sleep loss in almost inevitable. When alone thoughts will race through the mind, unwanted thoughts. Once again I do believe we should let them come. Trying to fight or struggle with negative thoughts is a battle no one can win.
I don’t mean to wallow in self pity, but to allow emotions to come freely. The natural tendency is to go into denial, as I did at first. But what has happened is.
Take care, and keep posting. The guys on here are truly amazing, and help so much. There is a lot of love and caring about if we seek it out.

Thanks for sharing. Feel better today, going to arrange counciling. Plus keeping busy.