Coping with the loss

I’m so sorry you are feeling like this, I’m sorry I don’t agree you should let out your feelings and grief, please don’t hold it in you will make yourself ill to be honest there is no way I can hold it in it just comes out anywhere…
I hope you are getting hell from a professional with this…let it out, scream at the top of your voice, cry etc etc it’s natural.
Please take care of yourself.

I’ am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayer :pray: to you.:heart::heart:

1 Like

Hi Moira, I empathise, as like so many,I lost my husband. This is my 2nd Christmas without David. I wanted to enjoy this one more but it is proving more difficult. Last year i was just numb as was only 2 months.I spent it on my own.
It is still early days for you and yes I think it will always hurt on special occasions.
I joined a bereavement walking group arranged by the Hospice, and met some lovely people. I am spending Christmas Day with one of them who has lost her mum.
The walking has got me through the grey days of winter
and is continuing in the New year. I believe its open to recently bereaved people so if it is something you would be interested in, get in touch on their website.
We always have a coffee after and listen to each other but as time goes on we laugh and enjoy each others company too.
I hope and pray for you to get through Christmas and beyond. Cry as much as you need to. Millions will be doing the same , sadly . :disappointed_relieved:
God bless Ann xxxx

1 Like

MoGreg1, I feel so much for you, after losing my Pete too , August this year just 6 days after our 64th wedding Anniversary . My whole world is shattered, and mostly I’m in a daze without him beside me in all that I do, so many little things I miss, his kiss his arms around me, saying , “ check the front door at night “, “ take care when you go out”.
The only way I get through everyday, is just living for every moment , and just concentrating on what I’m doing at that moment, my mind often wanders and just gives me pain and suffering, so concentrating on each moment gets me through each day, that’s all I can do.

2 Likes

I was down for a grieving councillor but got a letter stating their fundings have been cut so they can’t see me now , me and my children who are under 16 one who was with me from start to finish when he passed are all waiting for councilling but getting nowhere .

Hi. My prayer :pray: to you for your loss. No one ever gets over losing a loved one. It can’t be rushed. Your children should understand you lost your husband your soul mate.

Hi, lost my partner Linda in April and just about coping since. The raw grief has of course gone, but I get regular waves of grief. I know I’ll never have that closeness with someone again as I’m 60 and have never found it easy to get anyone in my life as for several reasons I have always had little to “bring to the table” for prospective partners. I feel empty inside and wish I could see more of a reason to carry on besides the fear of committing suicide. There’s grief and then there is grief as all grief is not one size fits all, e.g grief for a child, a partner, etc. My heart goes out to you. Love and best wishes, Hugh.xx

PatandPete21,Sorry for your loss I understand everything you have said,my husband passed away 12weeks ago,we were married 51yrs I
Every day is torture without Steve,my life has collapsed, miss him so much,can’t sleep,don’t want to cook,he enjoyed my meals
I have never felt pain like this,we used to enjoy Christmas not even put our tree up now I’m dreading it

Take care

Christine x

You have my prayers and my compassion. I do get it Walter passed about 6 mons ago. I tried to honor-celebrating is not the right word- our birthdays in november. However, l am laying low for Christmas. Alot of stomach trouble. seems to be where my grief lands. Please be gentle with yourself and others do care about you!

Hugh, i too feel that I will never be close with anyone else since my lovely Derek died in July. We were together since I was 16 and I have just had my 66th birthday. However I am sure your wonderful Christine loved you because you are a lovely person, so I’m sure you would have a lot to give if you ever did decide you wanted to try in the future. Please, please talk to someone (even if it’s by phoning The Samaritans).

Sorry my post has said Christine instead ofLinda. I sometimes think I’m losing my mind. Apologies Hugh xx

Dear Hugh, Suicide is never an answer, Shell came into my life, after my ex cheated, she restored me, now she has gone, and maybe like you, I feel lost , alone, I am further along it’s 19 months now, your journey has only just begun. You will have okay days, and not okay days, we have to lean to get through, probably alone , as a prospective partner, I have little to offer, Shell was the one person who got me, I am a bit of an odd ball. So Hugh, I am saying, hang on in there please.
Take care.

What helped me when I lost my loved ones was a book called
The next place that I go. It helped me when I lost my two brothers , mum and dad. The words speak from thier prospective. It won’t heal the pain. But it will help a little bit. I was given the book by a friend. I’m so sorry for your loss. Its the only emotion that I dread. Grief I will pray for you. Take care. God bless. Xx2​:pray::pray:

No worries, we all do it!:grinning:xx

Yes I will. Thanks.

It’s been 33weeks today since I lost my husband. We’d been together 20yrs but only married 8mths. It’s so true about thinking you’re doing ok, then wham, no warning and you’re in the depths of despair. Last Xmas he helped me cope with loss of my mum, this xmas both are gone. All the happy films and music just make me feel worse
Diane

4 Likes

Yes Diane, it’s my first Xmas since I lost Linda my partner in April. I’m sleeping most of the day away. Love. Hugh

2 Likes

My second, although last year the first , was strange for all of us. My son, from a previous relationship, has bean to share a Christmas meal, it was good not to be on my own, but without Shell it hasn’t bean Christmas, sure I am not alone in feeling this way. We get through, don’t we, tomorrow is after all another day, complete with its next challenge.

2 Likes

Been a struggle over the last few days…

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much, I think I am doing okay, Christmas is a family time isn’t it, my son, from a previous relationship, has been during the day last 2 days, but it’s hard once he has gone, Christmas night, I sat on sofa, and drank a bottle of red wine, sure, it got me through, but it isn’t the answer, obviously I miss Shell, but sadly, she has gone, she isn’t coming back, I am here, but this loneliness, is going to kill me.
Take care.xx

1 Like