Coping

Hi, my name is Maria, I lost my partner last May, we were together for 30 years, we have 4 children and 7 grandchildren. I spent Christmas and new year with my daughter and the rest of the family, I know I’m surrounded by family but feel so lonely at times, my youngest still lives at home but has her own life to live and don’t want to upset her, she’s only 17, I work mon-fri, full time, I want to be home and then when I’m there I’m on my own and that’s hard. I cared for John for the last few years and now I don’t know what I’m suppose to do now, sorry for the long post.Thank you for reading.

4 Likes

Hello @Maria7, I am so sorry for the loss of your partner - that is devastating. I think a lot of our members will relate to your feelings of loneliness even when you are surrounded by friends and family. Grief can be such an isolating experience, but you are not alone.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share our Coping with grief at the start of the year support page with you. It may have some ideas on helping you get through the months ahead.

Take good care and keep reaching out,

Seaneen

1 Like

Hello Maria

I found when my husband died I had no purpose in life anymore
My life was looking after him and that made me happy
I work have family and friends that keeps my mind off my heartache
But when you get home it’s the sharing that you miss with them

The pain never leaves you but you do learn to cope with it
I’m so sorry that your going through this and I can’t give you any answers
But in time it does get easier to cope
I still have bad days even though it’s been 5 years since he died