Coping

How do you cope with endless decision making when you are not used to it and feel overwhelmed
After losing husband recently?

1 Like

Hello @Enorac, so sorry for your loss. I still feel it difficult to make decisions 3 years after losing my wife but I am now becoming determined to move on, because I have to and have now decided that the decisions have to be mine and mine alone now. I can’t think about what she would say about it and if she would even agree but it has to be done, not easy, but needs to be done.

1 Like

Early days for you and it might seem all overwhelming at the moment.
It might help to break any decisions down and keep to doing one or two at a time. Even write any down and then tick them off and feel suitably pleased with yourself for getting them done. Your confidence will grow in time but don’t try to rush yourself at the moment and pace yourself. If you get really stuck I believe Age Concern are pretty helpful or even the CAB.

Hello @Enorac, I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thank you for reaching out - I really hope you that you find the community to be a support to you.
Just to echo what @Pattidot has said; sometimes breaking things down into one decision at a time can be helpful. The Gov.uk website have a step-by-step guide on what do when someone dies which might be useful to read. You also wish to contact the Tell Us Once service.

Take good care - you are not alone.
Seaneen

@Enorac
I think with some things it’s ok to delay and take your time but yes, it is scary. Even something as mundane as choosing a new freezer when the old one went wrong seemed such a challenge to me. When you do though, take a bow and know that you DID IT! I’m sure we’ll manage but it’ll take time to adjust.
Hugs xxx

1 Like

I try to do things but lack of skill with I T. makes getting anywhere very difficult and worries me. It takes a lot of energy don’t have.
Yes I do ask for help but confusing.
So slow. Cat keeps trying to sit on me all day almost like she grieving.
I count how long it has been since he died and doesn’t change apart from season. Awful cold weather was hard.

1 Like