Counselling

Has anyone had counselling and how do you go about having it? When I was arranging my husband funeral yesterday they said the funeral might have been possible with 10 days. I had an anxiety attack and felt unsettled since. 10 days felt too soon. It wasn’t possible but it felt like once the funeral is done. That’s it. I have nothing else left to do to help him or look after him… :broken_heart:

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. Yes I’ve been having counselling since week 1. I’m 3 months along the road and felt I needed to talk to someone who wasn’t attached to my partner. I got in touch with the councillor I had used before and found her by word of mouth. I have found it beneficial. Now I’m going to her once a month.

1 Like

Thank you. I have been trying to cope on my own and be strong but every day further “away” from when he was here is getting harder

I had a bad week last week but this week has been much better, so far, it can change with the wind.
I was like you that I was moving away from him as the weeks went by but this week I’ve felt closer to him that I ever have, since he died. We were incredibly close and not having him around is so hard but he was the most positive and full of life person and feel I owe it to him to live my life because he couldn’t live his. This helps me keep going .

2 Likes

I have been having councelling for a while now as have a lot of guilt so trying to work through that. I went private so pay £40 a time. Where we are there is a councelling group called off the record which you pay what you can afford. I’m trying to get my son to join this as he is only 22 and needs some one to talk to as he was with his dad when he suddenly died. Next week I am starting a 8 weeks bereavement support group course which is free. I got some information from the doctor and Google as well.

2 Likes

I’ve been having counselling for the past few weeks. It’s good to have someone just to talk to who is completely detached. Sue Ryder and Cruse offer free bereavement counselling but there is a waiting list. I was lucky to get some through my work but my daughter is still on a waiting list. May be worth seeing what is available in your area. Good luck x

2 Likes