Dad

I lost my Dad at the beginning of February and I’m still massively struggling. I stayed with him for quite a while after he’d passed. I miss him so badly and every day becomes more difficult. I just wish I could be with him…

Hi Jo, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. It is understandable that you miss him very much. When you say that you wish you could be with him, do you mean that you have thoughts of suicide?

I think you could really do with some support and I’m glad that you’ve been able to talk about how you’re feeling here. While you wait for more replies to your post, you may also find it helpful to read some of the other recent posts in the Losing a Parent section of the site and post a reply if you see anyone you’d like to talk more to.

There is lots of other support out there, and I would really encourage you to reach out and speak to someone about how you are feeling.

The Samaritans are always there 24/7 if you need to talk about anything that’s bothering you (116 123, or jo@samaritans.org).

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

We offer online bereavement counselling to members of this community. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: https://support.sueryder.org/bereavement-counselling

You deserve care and support so please, Jo, get in touch with one of these services.

If you are at risk of harming yourself, please call 999, go to A&E or contact your GP for an emergency appointment immediately.

Take care,

Priscilla