Dads funeral tomorrow

I’ve posted on here before, my dad died suddenly on 20th April and the funeral is tomorrow, I honestly don’t know how I’m going to get through it. We still don’t know what happened, we’re awaiting post mortem results. How am I supposed to say goodbye and not know what took him away from me? I cry every day, I miss him more and more. We’ve all been in limbo waiting for tomorrow and now it’s here I’m so anxious and tense I can’t function. Due to Covid this will also be the first time in over a year and a half seeing some family/friends. I’m anxious seeing people in general because I’m finding it really difficult to talk to people face to face. I just feel like I’m going to be a blubbering mess all day and I want to be strong for my mom and also give him the send off he deserves, even if it is too soon and against everything I want right now. Any advice to get through the day would be appreciated xx Meg

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. Not knowing what happened must be very difficult. The one thing that you know though is that you will get through tomorrow! Take small steps and just do one thing at a time, get out of bed, shower, eat, dress etc. Having family around you will help. Xx

@Meg31 I am so very sorry for your loss I had my partners funeral on Friday I was so worried about it and I was a blubbering mess but its ok to cry meg you have family there to help you through the day i get wanting to be strong for your mum you will be there for her and she will be there for you just let yourself feel whatever you need to and I will be thinking of you tomorrow I hope it goes well and I’m sure you will do him proud

Hi Meg,

We were in the same situation as you are with my dad. He passed away out of nowhere in his sleep. We never got any answers. It was very difficult to come to terms with that. It feels preposterous that this even happened, and it will take a very long time to get some grounding on it. The most important steps that you can take now are staying healthy as grief zaps everything from you and talking to other people, listening to their journey. I also want to assure you that when you are at your lowest point please know that you will eventually be able to be you again and to feel like life is worth living. Sending strength to you and to your mom also.

Ell