daughter Lauren

struggling with the loss of my 18 year old daughter to cancer 5 weeks ago who can I talk to im at a loss as what to do ,I need help

Dear tappman,
What a heartbreaking loss you have suffered. It is good that you have come to this site where you will find posts from others who have lost a child. I hope and trust that some of them will reach out to you. They will know best how to give support because they have gone through it. I lost my parents, so my grief is different, bu t I do know the pain of loss.
There is an organisation called The Compasisonate Frends.
They support bereaved parents and their families. They have a telephone helpline that may be of interest to you: 0345 123 2304, open every day of the year from 10:00 – 16:00 and 19:00 – 22:00. Their volunteers are bereaved parents. This is the link to their website:
https://www.tcf.org.uk/
Jo

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter, you must be devastated, I can only imagine what it must feel like, hopefully you will find help from this site, Sue Ryder also provides bereavement counselling, at the moment it is over the phone, but this is something you might feel could help you, sending love xx

thank you jude28 thanks very much

thank you ill give them a ring

I am so so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. I lost my precious 22yr old son suddenly in June, I understand how desperate you feel. Sending love and strength to you x

thank you rach25 the pain is unbearable as you know and I truly am sorry for your loss
love and strength to you too x

1 Like

Thank you so much. Wishing you a peaceful night’s sleep, hopeful that helps endure the next day for you and us all x

I am not in the same position as you but want to say i am so very sorry for your loss xx

thanks FG15 I

My daughter or 19 passed away 6 weeks ago to cancer, she was my life…I love her more than anything in the world. There is a good book called Beyond Tears, its very good and it does make you realise that the feelings you have are normal and that you’re not alone. I am so sorry that you lost your daughter, its heartbreaking…and to anyone else here talking of their loss…I have to tuck her away in my mind to just get out of bed…keeping busy helps and surrounding yourself with people who love also helps…as they say time is a healer and as the days go by I feel more at ease…the pain and devastation never leaves you. X