Dealing with grief

My name is Samantha

Right where do I start. Tbh I’m not sure so here goes.

I lost my dad in January 2021 since I’ve really struggled to come to terms with it. It is effecting me to the point I am worried of losing other loved ones constantly. I try to keep everything of my dad’s even bills etc he was sent. I would really like help and advise on how others deal with grief so hopefully I can understand mine.

2 Likes

Thank you for replying,I’m trying so hard not to think of the bad stuff the what ifs and I know I shouldn’t,what do you do to help you

1 Like

Hi letting go or even trying to accept that a loved one has gone has got to be the hardest thing we will ever go through, I lost my mum in July this year and I’m not at any point in my grieving to let go or accept she has gone :pensive: I have kept everything of my mums as I couldn’t bare to part with anything, maybe as you mentioned it’s a way of feeling close to them, I miss her so much and know I’ll never be the same person as I was, I still have my dad but do worry for how long as my mum was diagnosed with secondary liver cancer and lasted just 6 weeks, life is so cruel sometimes, I take a day at a time and try to focus on things to do but I slip back into this void I have and it’s hard, but I read that it’s the price we pay for loving someone so much.

2 Likes

Yes I have heard that when you love someone so much,talking about it and have counselling starting soon so I’m hoping it helps,but I know my dad will always be there,I guess you try an manage it better,and you will,do you have any help from anyone

1 Like