Dealing with the first few weeks of losing my partner

I lost my partner/fiancé of nearly 20 years at the start of October, he was only 48. It all happened so quickly, and although he did not suffer I am left feeling completely lost without him. I have gone through feelings of anger and also guilt (is there something I should/should not have done to avoid him leaving me). I am either numb all day, or have short periods where I feel ok ish, then it hits me like a sledgehammer. Just the thought of not having him in my life is daunting enough but as I am also being made redundant at the end of March and have lost one of the constants in my life. I know time is a great healer, but it just doesn’t feel like that right now.

1 Like

I really do feel your loss having lost my wife 3 weeks ago. I sought out a group like this where I could talk to people who knew how I was feeling. I felt as though I couldn’t burden those close to me.

If like me you feel completely numb, confused and grief stricken, I can only suggest that you continue to share your feelings on here.

Keep going and keep talking, we’re all with you in your time of need x

3 Likes

@KMS it must be terrible for you . I lost mine suddenly too . I remember the shock I felt for the first few weeks . It’s just taking each day at a time . I hope you have people to talk to . There is a lot of support on here . I had help from my gp as well for the shock and panic attacks. All my best wishes to you

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s still very early days though from reading other posts on here it’s clear that the range of emotions one goes though even in the same day are very common. Xx

1 Like