Death of husband

Losed my precious husband 11 weeks ago. Feel worse now than when it happened.Cry all the time.

I’m so sorry for your loss and I feel deeply for the pain you are going through. I cant help you feel better because I’m still grieving my own husband. Just do the best you can and hang in there. Thinking of you.

Bless you and I wish I could take away your pain but nobody can. He was your husband and soulmate. It is early days and like Lonely says, just try and survive each day as best you can. You will find comfort from the most unexpected sources but they will be there and you will know who they are. Thinking of you.

Thank you for your reply. Had a bad day today but a little better now. Miss him so much. Thank you for caring and thinking of you all x

Hope you are doing ok. Hanging in, just!You take care also. Hugs.

I’m 9 months down the line but can remember how I felt at your stage. You do eventually stop feeling so wretched and manage to get through each day so hang on in there until you feel ready to cope, as you will and in your own time. I wish I could help you more.

Just replying is a help. Hanging in. JUST.

Had your dear husband been ill before he passed away.? My husband had heart problems for years but I always thought he would go on forever.

He had throat cancer3yrs ago, had his voice box removed. We were getting on ok but then Xmas time he wasn’t well. Went for check up and found he had terminal lung cancer which spread everywhere. Hardest part was it had gone to his brain so didn’t know me for last 2 weeks. He lasted 4mths.

I am so sad for you. My husband died 3 weeks ago and I am lost. During the day I try to manage but as this time of night comes around I feel wretched and put off going to bed as I hate that moment when I have to turn off the tv and the light .The silence overwhelms me and I end up crying.

I am so sad for you. My husband died 3 weeks ago and I am lost. During the day I try to manage but as this time of night comes around I feel wretched and put off going to bed as I hate that moment when I have to turn off the tv and the light .The silence overwhelms me and I end up crying.

Feel for you. Yours is very early. Don’t quite know what to say to you as I do exactly the same 10 weeks on. Let’s hope things get better. Hugs.

My heart goes out to you. My husband had a heart bypass aged 39 but struggled on following several heart attacks until aged 64 he finally passed away. Do you have close family who can help you through this difficult, no devastating time.? There’s always someone, perhaps who you don’t expect, who is there for you during these horrible times.

I have friends and 2 lovely grown children who live nearby. However there is no one there at this time of night, and if I am honest the only person I want to be with is gone

Sorry to hear about your husband. No age really. Mine was 69. Didn’t expect to be widow at 62. Family have been no help but neighbours have been great. Take care.x

I have 1 child. He is married but lives and works in California. He FaceTime me every night but not the same. They want me to go and live with them in USA but would not want to interfere in there lives. I feel near to him at home.

I can relate to that. I want my chiĺdren to get on with their lives, and even when with them I feel alone .I don’t want yo move because of the memories in the house…I don’t think anything can prepare you for the feeling of having your heart ripped out when a dearly loved partner dies.

It’s hard, no-one can imagine how hard until they lose their husband / partner. They were your hopes, dreams and future and now they’ve gone, along with your dreams. I thought the death of my mum was hard but nothing compares to this.The only advice I can offer is keep trying to do the best you can to make it better for you.

Hi I also lost my husband less than a month ago. He was ill with cancer but the signs were that we would have more time together. We were on our way back from our caravan on the Sunday .This is where he was at his happiest. He took ill.on the way home with a stroke .It’s a miracle we got home because the stroke had already started but he wouldnt stop the car. We turned into our estate .He managed to pull into our drive and things went downhill from there. But he always said wherever we were he would get me home safe. I called the ambulance then it was a & e then icu where he passed away on the Wednesday morning. I was by his side holding his hand for those 3 days. I am bereft without him. The only thing I keep telling myself is that he’s not suffering any more. He was suffering with the disease itself and the side effects of the chemo. The stroke was due to low platelets from the disease and the side effects of the chemo. I know it’s a long road ahead and life will never be the same without him Sandy

Hi Sandy, I am sad for you. Bereft doesn’t cover the depth of despair we feel. I wonder how to go on, but I suppose we have to.How fantastic that he managed to get you home safely. Luv Toria