Death of husband

Hi Toria Thanks for replying. How are you coping? I miss him so much we were part of each other and II feel we still are. I’m taking one day at a time and keep reminding myself that he is no longer suffering. It doesn’t seem to be working at the moment. We have his ashes to scatter soon. Another difficult time but I know exactly the places he wants to be so this helps, our favourite places we went together.
Sandy

I am struggling even though I am relieved he is no longer suffering - which he did terribly but was so brave and stoic. I went to see him at the funeral home today as the funeral is on Thursday. I am still crying x

I lost my husband 11 weeks ago, everyone says it is still early days, but it feels like forever. Until last week I felt I was coping, not now back to square one. No one really understand unless they have has a similar experience. everything is just SO hard, waking, eating making decisions. Your mind is all over, and now I feel that I have made a bad decision, and not sure of the way forward. My husband would say just do it!

I am so sorry, I found comfort in all the people that paid their respcts at the funeral, and thankfully alot have stayed in touch and been there ‘without question’

I’m so sorry for ur loss it was my husbands funeral on wed last week he was just 36 and we have a four and five year old … I am too just plodding through the days my family took me out to a market over the weekend … somewhere I’ve always enjoyed going for a good browse … it was horrible felt like everything was going 100 miles an hour around me … I was angry at every happy couple I saw (how selfish ) . I didn’t look at the stalls I just floated past like I was not even there … I’m moving into a new home soon … starting all over again without him just me and the kids … how can that be right

I am soo sorry for your loss, hard for you when you have children too. I have no else to consider but me. There are times when we have all thought being on our own, making our own choices would be the best thing in the world, but when you world just colapses it is just empty.
All I would say is think before making any big decisions, I have recently made one I now regret, thankfully it can be rectified but it is so easy to grab onto something that you think you want to have or do to help you through, when I now beleive time is the only answer.Keep strong.

people would find that

I feel for you all, it was one year (on14th) anniversary of Peter passing away from pancreatic cancer, it still hurts deep inside and I was grateful that a few people remembered and sent messages of support. The year has flown by, as has already been said was not expecting to be a widow at 57 , we had lots of plans and I still feel sad when I see couples together of a similar age. I have accepted that he is not coming back. There is no magic pill to take our heartache away but this site does give comfort, knowing others understand what you are going through.
Take care
Love Jakkles

Thank you.
Not having any family were both fortunate to retire early, and therfore able to complete alot if our ‘wish list’.
I can take some comfort in that my hudband was only diagnosed in March and passed away in June not having a prolonged illness or pain. I just never knew you could miss someone
so much, that just hurts all the time. I feel for everyone in a similar situation.

Hi Toria I’m still crying. I’m ok for a while then it starts again. Had the worst day on Wednesday. Can’t really say why. Didn’t know what to do was pacing up and down sobbing. I don’t like calling people feel like they’ve their own lives but rang my sister and she came. We went out just for a coffee and a chat and that was enough to distract me at that time. I know life will never be the same for me and one day at a time is the only way for all or us. Need to keep busy. One thing that upsets me is when I can’t do something round the house which Phil would do without thnking about it. I feel useless and frustrated.Then get more upset cos he could fix anything ,
Miss his so much, it is a month and two days since he passed away.Seems like much longer. Sandy

Hi Sandy I share all the feelings you describe. I don’t want to bother anyone, even my close family. In any event I still feel alone whoever I am with. It is almost a month since Peter died and his funeral was yesterday. I managed really well, although I don’t quite know how. However today is dreadful, my first thought this morning was I will never see him again. I find it so hard to believe and I am so down today that I have ignored phone messages from friends. Everything seems pointless. I don’t want my life if this is it

hi Toria
You will be suprised by friends, they really WANT to help but sometime dont know how, if they have never been through greif like alot of us. I have made new friends, people I knew but now joined by a similar experience, they have found the time and understanding that I need, dont give, they may also have lost their best friend.
Here is a quote sent by a friend in 12000 miles away
"You will lose someone you can’t live without and your heart will be badly broken and the bad news is you never completely get over the loss of your beloved. But this is the good news. They live forever in your broken heart that doesn’t ever seal back up. And you come through. It’s like having a broken leg that never heals perfectly - that still hurts when the weather gets cold, but you learn to dance with the limp. " he lost his wife 3 years ago we are helping each other…

Hi I have just lost my husband two weeks ago I feel lost he was only 43.

Hi I just lost my husband two weeks ago I feel exactly same that nothing matters now. He was only 43 and I feel totally lost without him.

I’m so sorry for ur loss . I lost my husband 5 weeks ago he was only 36 and we have two young children … it’s so hard to get through the days be strong for them when I just want to give up … nothing is the same anymore … constant ache all the time just going through the motions … I have found posting on here really helps it’s the only place that people understand the pain … family and friends are great but not quiet the same

Thank you so much we don’t have children together so it’s been even harder just getting through the day. I am very sorry for your loss. It’s so tragic so young.

I find this is really helping me.

Sincere regards
Dawn

It is like life has completely changed … you will have lots of people telling u time heals … it’s hard to imagine that when it’s so fresh … I have a few days where I managed them nights like last night when I just completely broke down … angry even for him leaving me … it’s so hard to navigate … lots of people on here have told me that whatever ur going through or whatever ur emotions there all normal being angry sad … I even get angry when I see couples … thinking why me why not them . Of course that’s completely selfish but apparently normal …

I do the same saying why us and not someone else. It’s the meaningless life that I have now nothing seems to matter. Regards. Dawn

Hi
I’m so sorry for your loss.
I lost my wife 7 weeks ago today and the pain is awful she was 51.
Yesterday our first grandchild was born who she will never meet this life is so cruel.
Be strong and take care

William

I’m so sorry for your loss and life can be so cruel. I am trying to be strong and you enjoy your beautiful grandchild. Sincere regards Dawn

It’s just devastating I’ve spent this morning with granddaughter with feelings of happiness,love,sadness,despair and guilt all rolled into one.
My head is messed up.

William