Death of my beloved mum

My mum died suddenly of Covid, poorly one day, dead the next. Absolutely devastating.
How long am I going to feel empty and sad. I think about her all the time. I cry a lot, I can’t get excited about anything and I have no interest in anything.
Im numb, i’m not sleeping and I feel rotten.
Is this normal?

2 Likes

Hi Tam1, I’m so sorry for your loss it’s so devastating to lose a loved one, I lost my mum July this year and I’ve cried every day for her, I too feel lost, angry and guilty shes not here, I too struggle to motivate myself, sleeping is a struggle and I’m tired of waking up and realizing it’s not a dream, no one can prepare you for such a rollercoaster of emotions, i take one day at a time, as I never know how I’m going to be, its nice to have this forum to chat to people who know what you are going through, hopefully we can help each other along on this journey, hope your ok, keep messaging
Lynn x

4 Likes

Thanks Lynn that’s how I am feeling x

Hi Tam you are talking to the right people we are all dealing with grief and here to help each other xx

Hi Tam

I hope you are ok. Well as ok as you can possibly be in the circumstances. . I’m so very sorry for your loss. I’ve lost my mum to Covid too. It was very sudden. She deteriorated very quickly. I just wanted to reach out to you. I’m a total mess. Just broken. It still doesn’t feel real. I really miss her x

Hello Tam1, sorry you lost your mother, this must be very hard for you losing her suddenly, I lost my mother six months ago, it is the hardest thing I have had to deal with, everyday seems pointless with no meaning to life. I understand how you feel, life feels empty and getting motivated or excited about anything is mere impossible. Your love for your mother is eternal, and I take comfort that there is an aferlife, we love someone amazing then they are taken from us, I believe this link ,love can never be lost and is reunited when we pass too.
Take care lind13