Death of my soulmate

In January my soulmate was tragically killed in a road collision… he was cycling… lit up like a Christmas tree!
We had only known eachother for 4 months but it was a whirlwind! We knew instantly that we were made for eachother it really was love at first sight. We gave eachother exactly what we had been missing all of our lives. He said to me he had waited 37 years to find me and I had waited 29 to find him. We were a light for eachother. It was like we were each others twin we both had a scar in the same place in between our eyes and were the exactly reflection of eachothers souls. People don’t understand how losing him as hit me so hard after only knowing eachother for a short while and that is hard to not have people who understand. In that short time, we knew eachother better than we knew ourselves. We believed from moment we met that we were destined to be with eachother. He confided in me how hard his life has been growing up and just couldn’t believe someone so amazing had come into it, and for me he was everything I had ever dreamed of… someone who understood, accepted and believed in me. We had plans for our future… for the first time he wanted marriage… and named our future children with me.
I just can’t believe he is gone life is so cruel… I am thankful that I got to make him happy though as much as it hurts to be without him. He gave me his favourite hoody a few days before his death… it still smells like him <3. Everything he did up to his death was for us and our future… The night before he died we spent together… we laughed it was amazing and filled with love… the morning before we both left we hugged and told eachother we loved eachother… he was my bear… and I was his babe. I do believe that as we were undoubtedly soulmates we will be together again… and he will never leave me but it’s so hard waiting for the day il see him again :frowning:

continued… Everything he did up to his death was for us and our future… The night before he died we spent together… we laughed it was amazing and filled with love… the morning before we both left we hugged and told eachother we loved eachother… he was my bear… and I was his babe. I do believe that as we were undoubtedly soulmates we will be together again… and he will never leave me but it’s so hard waiting for the day il see him again :frowning: . I’ll never love anyone else the way I loved bear xx

Hi Katie,

I’m so sorry to hear about the death of your soulmate Bear so early in your relationship. Sorry to hear that people don’t understand your grief - it sounds as though you had such a strong connection, and you are also grieving for the future you had planned together.

Grief is very personal, and no one else can tell you how you “should” be handling it. It’s important to be kind to yourself, take things day by day and allow yourself to grieve.

I hope that it helps even a tiny bit to be able to share things here. You may also find it helpful to read and reply to some posts from others who have lost a partner. Everyone here has had different experiences with relationships of different lengths, but they all understand the pain of losing a loved one. Here are some recent conversations you could look at:

https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/loss-my-fiance-0

https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/heartbroken-0

If you have any questions about this site, or there is anything I can help with, just let me know.

Priscilla
Community Manager