Deciding to work again

I’ve not been here for ages but just feel the need today, it’s been 1 year and 8 months since I lost my mum, I gave up working part time to help look after her and I finally feel ready to go to work again part time, to give me purpose but I can’t believe how upset I feel, I’ve got an interview tomorrow which I can’t believe and my mum would be so pleased and I just wanted to tell her then realise I can’t :pensive:, I don’t know if I feel so upset because it seems like I’m moving on, I couldn’t even consider working a little while ago, but moving on doesn’t mean that I don’t miss her as much I just need to do something but I keep crying when I think about it. Does anyone else have the same kind of issue as me? I just want to make sense of it. Thank you for reading x

4 Likes

hello nikki, being upset is normal considering what you’ve endured these past 20 months. guilt and responsibility to your mum even now is reasonable and inevitable perhaps but the courage to get back up and rebuild your life is more important now. your mum will want you to remember and honor her memories but not at the expense of your happiness. she would want you to find the courage to seek and find happiness for yourself. i’m going through the same process but it’s only been 13 weeks since my mum left. my heart goes out to you

4 Likes

Yes. My sister was promoted not long after we lost my dad. It upset her a lot, because she had spoken to my dad about the opportunity coming up, and he was so proud and excited for her :sob:.

3 Likes

And mine to you, thank you, I’m so sorry you’ve lost your mum too :disappointed:

1 Like

Oh bless her, I’m so glad she got to talk to her dad about her opportunity though :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Wishing you lots of luck tomorrow. X

1 Like

Thank you, I cancelled the interview :pensive:… just couldn’t go through with it, need a little more time I think x

2 Likes

Don’t worry - you’ll get more opportunities once you’re ready :yellow_heart:

2 Likes