Definition of grief

I’ve just seen this on Facebook.
Grief is like the ocean, waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim . I think that’s a really good explanation. What do people think? Xxx

1 Like

Yup, pretty much describes it. I like words. I’m always looking for phrases which does justice to our situation. I think that’s all we can do is learn to swim otherwise we will drown. Can we drown in grief? I think we probably can. Keep swimming everyone. Xx

1 Like

Hi I was told grief is like the sea when you are standing in the water the waves are calm then suddenly a big wave comes and knocks you off your feet it was so perfect do describe grief.
Christine x

1 Like

hI i see grief as a tornado sometimes it swallows me up and blows my world apart again .Sometimes it just brushes by me and effect me less.I dont think o today will be a good day .Ijust live and battle with whatever the tornado does to me

1 Like

That sounds about right! Every day is different. Take care Colin. Kay. Xxx

Hi
I feel like I’m treading water and trying my best not to go under.
William

1 Like

Hello William,
I do not know how long it is since your loss, but I felt like this in the early stages of my grief. Everything I did was such an effort, and simple yet profound changes in my life (like food shopping for one) really floored me. I struggled to stay afloat in my ocean of grief, and managed by simply taking one day at a time. Now, 8 months on, the pain is still there but it has got a little a bit easier each day. I’m not saying that some days I don’t feel like I’m drowning but other days I can float on the top. I hope you can take some comfort my experience. Take care and keep posting, Tulabelle xxx

I can’t even watch TV without horrible things going through my head …anything with ambulances orCPR I let my mind run away with me …thinking vivid images of what happened to my husband…(he was found on the street ) Everytime an ambulance or police car drives by … I think are they the same people who tried to save my husband …sorry if this post a bit graphic it’s coranation street it’s sent my mind racing …can’t see I’ll sleep tonight…