Delayed grief multiple bereavements and lockdown

Dear Mrs Colt
Hope you are doing ok yourself, sorry I didnt’ get back to you I couldnt refind your post and then I had a bad week with my family situation. So I just wanted to get back to you and thank you for your kind words. Yes I am in Ayrshire, I think the sea helps my peace of mind at the moment. I haven’t really been up to your part of the country I hope its nice there. The closest I have been is Perth which I didn’t take to. Stirling which I used to adore, its kind of like the Scottish York. The only other place on the east coast I have went to is Edingburgh and Aberdeen because I have relative which live there. Anyway I hope that you are doing ok, relatively speaking of course and am so glad you have family there for you it makes all the difference in the world to have people when you are going through hell, it is these people that help us get through and out the other side. Take care.

1 Like

Sorry about your sister families are the most wonderful amazing parts of our lives and they can be a total nightmare. Your dads drawings sound wonderful and what a lovely idea to put them up and to make them and him continue to be a part of your life. Maybe your sister felt guilty and scared of the situation and she couldn’t cope playing devils advocate and giving her the benefit of the doubt and then again she could be a very uncaring person. I dont know but the thing is you have been trying so the latter is the most likely. The rest of what you say is very wise. I hope the counselling helps. Thinking of you.

1 Like

Thank you Meebee, I think about that - sometimes I wish I could tell her family as well as mine the person I knew her to be - but alas, they show no interest. It amazes me that not one of them has contacted me or asked about her. I do not wish her to be forgotten - if I have time, I would write about her, her experiences, what I learned from her, her artwork and our experience together *we were only married for 8 years, we bought our home in 2015 - she enjoyed and improved it for only 4.5 years. She died suddenly in November 2019 - just 2 days before our Thanksgiving. I was a complete mess - couldn’t believe she was gone. I wish I could have done more to make her happy. My only regret. But Thank you for the nice reply.
Herb

2 Likes

Hi Meebee, What a lovely gesture for your Dad. He must have been so chuffed! x I wouldn’t know where to begin putting Dad’s work online. I am a dinosaur with IT. It’s nothing short of miraculous that I am typing here!!! x

Hi Meebee, thank you for your lovely words x My sister is a very complex person, sort of shut-in. I am really trying to let go of all the negativity I feel towards her. I can’t change her but I can change my response. Despite all my begging, pleading, being super nice, being cross - nothing I did, would persuade her to see my parents or at least support me as I did everything. I’ve learnt a lot about human nature but also about myself. It has been hard caring for 4 elderly, frail relatives - with 2 of them terminal - but I’m glad I did what I did and I feel at peace with the decisions I made. Hope you have a blessed day x

2 Likes

I have read a few of your posts and I think you are a totally amazing person and your sister is missing out on not knowing you as many of us on here do. She doesnt deserve you. But I also think that you are a very wise person too. take care of yourself.

1 Like

Thank you, Meebee x I hope you’re ok and looking after yourself too x

2 Likes

You are so brave. I too had multiple losses my brother committed suicide, my mum was an alcoholic and alcohol eventually killed her. I then found out my partner had been cheating on me and am now going through the menopause which in itself is a loss of myself. Depression, anxiety and lockdown has been so hard some days I feel I can’t carry on but we have to and we will we can get through this together x