Devastated

Hi my name is Lisa .we lost our 39 year old son two weeks ago .don’t know where to turn to . We are waiting for a coroner report ,which hasn’t even started yet .

Hi @Lisa63, I am so sorry to read about your son.

I’m glad you were able to join our community here as I’m sure you will find others who can relate to the way you are feeling.

One long-running thread in particular has been a great source of help and support for people in a similar situation to yours. It’s very long but you can go ahead and join in at any time: Loss of our son aged 27

We also recently launched a Grief Self-Help Service which includes information, personal stories, and interactive tools designed to help you deal with your loss.

I do hope you find our community helpful and supportive. Keep reaching out and please know that we’re here for you.

Take care,

Mick
Online Community team

1 Like

Hi Lisa
I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. We lost our son, who was 41, 12 weeks ago, so I understand just what you are going through at this time. He was severely disabled and I had cared for him all his life so it has been so hard to carry on since loosing him.
like you we had to wait for a coroners report which made it difficult to make arrangements and then when the report came it had lots of inaccuracies in it, including the date of his death. I was horrified and this added to the grief we were feeling.
There are no words I can say at this time to help you as the pain is so raw and nothing anyone says helps. I find I just have to take each day at a time and some days are better than others. As a family it is so hard as each one is dealing with their own grief. I send you my love and wish I could help you. Please feel free to talk to me if you would like to.

1 Like

Hi lisa63. So sorry to see what you are going through. My daughter was also 39 and died in January, it wasn’t expected and we are still waiting for the inquest in December. There are no words to express the pain and shock and sheer misery that you are experiencing. I have found support and understanding on here and hope you do too. Best advice I had was to take one day or even one hour at a time. Don’t expect too much of yourself and be gently with yourself. Hugs xxxx

1 Like