Devastated

I lost Steve on Saturday. It’s only been a few days but I feel in limbo. It was a freak accident on Friday - 24 hours later we’re turning of life support. Our sons are crushed. Steve had so many major health issues in the past and battled through them all. He was doing so well. It just feels so cruel that he was taken from us now. He was only 58. I can’t begin to process that I won’t see him again or hear his laugh. I lost my stepdad last year and haven’t really recovered. I’m usually the one who is the main support for everyone else. How can I keep going when I just want to curl in a ball and cry all the time? Mornings are the worst. Staying busy during the day but sleeping is hard. I feel like a piece of my heart and soul died with him.

5 Likes

So sorry you have had to join this forum at such a young age. It is really early for you. All we can say on this forum is 1 hour, 1 day at a time. It is 3 months for me and I still cry most days. Do whatever your body and emotions tell you to. No prizes for stoicism. Take all the support and help you are offered. There is no one size fits all with grief. Vent on this forum it does help. Xx. Sandra

5 Likes

You don’t need to be strong for everyone else. You have lost your partner, your life has changed its whole course. I’m so sorry, these early days are hard, curl up in a ball if you need to. Literally take it minute by minute x

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss.
Please take time to grieve and look after yourself.
This is very early days so take your time so cry shout scream do whatever you feel like at the moment.
Take care x

4 Likes

It is so terrible for you . There is no sense to it all . Do what you want it is very early days . No one can know how bad you feel . Take each hour as it comes ,

3 Likes

Thank you all for your kind words. We have worse news as my mother in law died yesterday afternoon. She had been unwell for some months but the shook of losing her son…. It’s all too much.

1 Like

You and your poor family. I can’t imagine what you are going through. You have my total sympathy. Will think if you. Hugs. Sandra

1 Like

@Jaxx1 that must be so terrible for you all . I am so sorry for you all . Why is this life so cruel

1 Like