Devotional...recently I encountered a street sign...

Recently I encountered a street sign: “Rough Road, Next 3 Miles.” Immediately my car began to shake and bump. I’m glad I know it’s only three miles, I thought, or I might turn around and go back. Usually in life we don’t know the duration of a “rough patch.” Often our struggles can seem endless. Those who are unemployed, chronically ill, or living in war-torn areas do not know when they will find relief. But in times of uncertainty, we can trust God’s sovereignty and love for us.

When I was a teen, my mother was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour and given only months to live. One morning, facing another uncertain day, I prayed, “Lord, I can handle anything as long as I know when it will happen.” Then I noticed a poster on my wall that pictured a young woman looking out a rain-covered window thinking, I’m afraid of tomorrow. Below it was the outline of a hill with a cross, and the words, “Don’t worry. I’ve been there before.” I felt God’s peace as I realised that no matter how long the road ahead of us is or what the outcome will be, Jesus not only knows every trial we will face but has already walked that rough road before us and will see us through.

Prayer: Dear Father, help us to know that even in the times of greatest uncertainty, we can be assured of your faithfulness. Amen.

Devotional…The Upper room…

Thank you Jackie. So lovely and comforting. “The peace that passeth all understanding”. I have had glimpses of it over the years. Life gets in the way of such peace. Walking this road with all it’s bumps, disappointments and heartaches is not easy. But the alternative is sinking into despair which helps no one.
Bless you and may your God go with you. XX

Thank you Jonathan…and may our God go with you too, we have to place our trust with our God, he has a plan for all of us, even though we cant understand what it is, nor why, nor for what purpose he has taken our partner away from us…so many unanswered questions and unanswered answers…