did it get worse before it got better?

Hi Everyone,

I am new here even though its been 13 months since i lost my best friend-my mum. I was 38 she was only 64- a bright, bubbly energetic mum x
The pain is getting worse, after the initial devastation i went into auto pilot, and even had some positive changes in my life. That all came crashing down on me on the lead up to the first anniversary of my mums sudden traumatic death- it started with increased anxiety & stress & now
I am so so low, my life has stopped & i am really really struggling.
I find it hard to motivate myself, hard to smile & in desperate need of my mums reassurance that everything is going to be ok.
Shes not here & the punch in the stomach feeling along with the loss of control of my life is overwhelming.
Can anyone offer any advice?
Thank you so much for reading x

Hello @Mandysdaughter ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex