Difficult to grieve

My Dad passed away last week after being diagnosed with advanced mesothelioma 9 weeks ago.

His wife has never liked me, think hated is a better word, and her and her family (that arent my Dads blood) are making things really difficult for me and my brother.

We werent estranged, my Dad and I were close, we talked twice a week and messaged all the time.

We havent been included in any decisions around his funeral, our social media has been searched to find things to have a go at us over. We dont even know what funeral director it is.

Apparently there is going to be a slideshow, I offered pictures, they declined, so am guessing we wont be in any. Thats fine, as long as the focus is on my Dad not them. They are making it all about them.

All the stress from the above is making it hard for me to try and accept that he has gone. I feel so empty, so numb. It doesnt feel real.

I just dont know what to do with myself.

1 Like

How very sad…sorry things are being made even harder than ever. Perhaps you and your brother could have your own memorial get together in addition to the stepmother controlled funeral? Nobody can take away your memories, they are yours forever so try to focus on those. Emotions always run high in these raw early days so take care of yourself. Xx

1 Like