Do our loved ones watch over us

Losing my wife has been so so hard her funeral is today. I’m laying in bed which is where I feel most at peace with everything once I get up is when it all becomes too much. I’m just wondering if others on the site believe our loved ones still look over us. Comfort us. You can read and read but I think the only truth is going to come from those who have experienced it x

Stevie, after my husband Ken died, I was absolutely desperate to know that he survived in some form - I didn’t want to believe that his death was the absolute end of him. I have always been a sceptic, and knew that because of my heartache, I could easily fall victim to wishful thinking. But having sent two years researching, I am now convinced that our sweethearts are with us all the time, and that we’ll see them again. Some excellent evidence for an afterlife exists, Stevie, and if there’s a time you’d like some resource suggestions I have found helpful, please message me. I believe that Denise is with you right now - you can’t perceive her with your natural senses because she is no longer physical, but she is there. You are both spirits; the difference is that Denise has dropped the body and you haven’t yet.

Take care, Stevie, in the day ahead.

Louise xo

1 Like

I agree with Mrs Plummer. I feel my husband is with me all the time, wherever he is. I’ve mentioned in other threads how I carry him around on my shoulder, always my right shoulder. I’ve also visited a medium, out of desperation really, but oh my goodness the things she said, there’s no way she could have known those things. Take comfort Stevie in knowing your love is with you and one day you will be together again. Xx

Thanks for that xxx

Morning Stevie, I totally believe in the spirit world and have done so from a very early age, my first experience, and I can still remember it, was 1 month after my grandfather passed away, he passed on my 4th birthday and I’ve felt his presence ever since, even had sightings. It brings me great comfort to know my husband will always be around me, at times I can feel his arm aroubd my shoulder, the most wonderful thing happened only yesterday as I was having a shower, as I opened my eyes after rinsing my hair, he was standing right in front of me, I know he’d been there watching, some may say I’m imagining things or I’m losing the plot, I don’t care it is what I believe. Watch for the subtle signs that your loved one is around you, letting you know they’re with you and watching over you, it can be something so simple as a feather in your path, each colour of a feather has a different message. A robin is another sign, I know there are isn’t around at this time of year but for you to catch sight of it at a precise moment, it is a message from your loved one. Sometimes you come across something that is either a possession of theirs or triggers a memory, again it’s a subtle sign. Only last month I was driving home thinking about my husband and asking him for help and guidance, was I going about things in thdright way, making the right decisions etc. When a car came into the roundabout in front of me with my husband’s birthday date as the registration. I was blown away even though I have always believed our loved ones remain around us. X please look for the subtle signs, a favourite song on the radio the moment you turn it on, things like that. It is still very raw for me, he passed 6 months ago, still can’t believe he’s not coming home again ☆ blessings Stevie ☆

Hello Day at a Time. I was fascinated to read your post and particularly the bit about the car registration. On my husband’s 66th birthday last march, a car pulled out in front of me as I was on a roundabout. I had to brake hard and annoyingly the car continued to move slowly. As I was cursing the driver and about to overtake, I noticed the car registration plate - it was DG66. It took my breath away as it was my husband’s initials along with his age. I stopped cursing and smiled. Instead of overtaking, I stayed behind with a silly little grin on my face. Xx

1 Like

I’m always hoping. I’ve had a few things happen which have been to much to have been a coincidence. I have always been a sceptic but now I am a bit more open minded. I just pray she is waiting for me. I’m looking to hard now I think so I have to let her show me in her own time xx

Very wise Stevie. She’s waiting for you and each day is one step closer. In the meantime, live your life as your wife would wish and continue to make her proud. Xx

Trying kate but so so hard I miss her so much x

Hi Day at a Time
I am on the spiritual path,and believe in it,you have a good knowledge and have experienced some wonderful spiritual experiences,since my husband passed in March i have had many subtle signs,mostly robins and tingling on the head and arms,and breezes that come around me in the house,one of my daughters heard her dad say Hello Emma to her,this only happened once,a really strange thing happened about a month ago,it was around 4am and i had been sleeping on the couch,i dont sleep well and lay awake for a while,i watched as a car outside through the curtains went past and then i looked over to the right of me and saw what i can only describe as a face, looking at me ,it was golden and seemed to be full of energy ,like the sun,thats the only way i can describe it as it was only there for about 10 seconds,but i definitely saw it ,its the strangest thing and i cannot work out who or what it was,i have only told my daughters as they have had spiritual experiences too,some people would think im crazy but its so true,i only ever say if i know something is real,or there would be no point,anyway just wondering if you have any idea what that would mean x

Hi Mrs Plumber hope you don’t mind but I have picked up on your reply to Stevie, I lost my Wife Jan 18 and finding it very difficult, I do believe they are there and will look after us to a certain extent what we need is reassurance of this in some way by a sign or contact through a medium, would you recommend a medium would help i desperately would like to know if my Wife Elaine was at peace and happy where she is I hope you don’t mind me contacting you Ed [edited by admin - surname removed]

Our loved ones in the spirit world only give us as much as we can handle at the time, and they communicate through thought, images, leaving messages in your pathway, usually subtle messages
Sometimes a song specific to them is played on the radio as you switch it on. The golden light sonetines signifies protection to the highest good, also enlightenment. Try to keep your mind open and watch for subtle signs when you least expect them. It sounds from your description your loved one is letting you know they’re watching over you and always around you, seeing a golden light is the highest energy and usually signifies your guardian angels are also working with you too. There are so many signs out there, and I do believe you are open to receive them. X blessings

1 Like

What do you mean by a golden light xx

A medium sent a message to me via someone else …she said Gary had visited her and kept saying over and over he is safe now …he was emphasizing to her that he was safe now …and then she said is going to come out …I don’t know if I believe or bit but it does play on my mind

Love to u all x

Our loved ones in the spirit world only give us as much as we can handle at the time, and they communicate through thought, images, leaving messages in your pathway, usually subtle messages
Sometimes a song specific to them is played on the radio as you switch it on. The golden light sonetines signifies protection to the highest good, also enlightenment. Try to keep your mind open and watch for subtle signs when you least expect them. It sounds from your description your loved one is letting you know they’re watching over you and always around you, seeing a golden light is the highest energy and usually signifies your guardian angels are also working with you too. There are so many signs out there, and I do believe you are open to receive them. X blessings

1 Like

Sometimes visits from the spirit world can be shrouded in a bright light, almost like an aura, and can be in different colours, the golden light is of the highest awareness, we don’t always see this light, sometimes it’s just like a flash and in a second it’s gone, they’re all ways of attracting our attention to let us know our loved ones in the spirit world are around us. I talk to Alan all the time, sometimes if I’m doing something I’ll be talking to him as if he’s sat in the chair, sometimes there’s just this warmness that tells me he’s close by, some may say my grief is playing tricks on my mind or that I’m losing the plot, I believe what I believe in and it gives me great comfort. Do please try writing to your lovely wife each day, if it’s not too upsetting for you, and in time you may find you’re receiving replies in the form of thoughts,

1 Like

Although I’m a humanist I do have an open mind and it is sufficiently open to acknowledge spirituality. In it’s modern interpretation it isn’t necessarily linked to religion alone. My background and training is in psychology and I also have to acknowledge that history is littered with examples as to how the mind can be susceptible, and possibly manipulated, for good or evil.
There is good evidence that the mind can self regulate and help us to deal with trauma and even find ways to give us comfort. In effect it protects us.

To everyone on here I’m sorry for your loss, it’s heartbraking and uplifting reading your stories. I lost me husband of 25yrs 2 months ago and I am devastated. I can’t remove anything of his from our house and I’m so lonely without him. I’ve had a pillow made by Sue Ryder from some of his favourite shirts and hugging that at night makes me feel close to him. Does anyone have any ways to cope over the Christmas holidays? Love to all of you going through this x

1 Like