Do you heal in time.

Hi all.
I lost my dad over a year ago and still struggling to come to terms with it. Some people say that in time it will get better. I just feel so empty. I can’t help myself but keep reliving in the past even after all this time. I hope one day I will be able to talk about the happier times. I would love to put a photo up of my dear dad but every time I look at it I just break down in tears. I miss him so much.
Take care all x

Dear Joey, I ask myself the same question all the time.I am so upset over my partner’s death 4 months ago. I can hardly bear to think about him or our life together. I hope life gets easier for you soon and you can remember all the lovely times with your dad. Take care J x

Hi daleJackie
Thank you for your reply. I’m so sorry for your loss too. Life is hard without the ones we loved. I just try and take one day at a time and focus on work to get me through the days. I hope you got good people you can talk to. Take care of yourself too x

Hello Joey,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re struggling to come to terms with the loss of your dad. There’s that old adage that time is a great healer, but it’s important to remember that grief doesn’t follow any particular timeline. Coming to terms with losing a loved one can take time and that varies for everyone.

On our information pages we have an article about how long grief lasts. It addresses some of the feelings and experiences you’ve mentioned so you might find it helpful to have a read through.

We’re here to support you for as long as you need.

Take care,
Eleanor

Hi eleanor.
Thank you for the information. It was an interesting read so thank you for that. I would also like to thank everyone on this site that have helped me so much. Being able to vent has helped me so much even if I don’t make much sense.
Thanks for your support
Jo