Does being able to say goodbye help?

Hello everyone ,we were there when our lovely daughter Dawn passed as they told us she only had a couple of days to live she was in the deepest of comos,and we must of told her hundreds of times how much we loved her,all I hope she could hear us that’s all I want to know . I do not know if it has helped but I would not have wanted to be anywere else the most upsetting is seeing her take her last breath, I wish I could of gone with here on her long journey Maddie

It is still early days for you it is 4 years for me on 18th December, the week before Christmas, and and I still can’t get my head around the fact that I will never see him again. I like you remember that day like it was yesterday. We didn’t have children so I don’t have anyone to reminisce with but I have special days where I look at all the photos of our life together. We met on his birthday and got married on his birthday so 2nd March is a big day for me. We would have been together 25 years next March, a 2nd marriage for both of us and I miss him more every day. Be kind to yourself come back and chat if you want. Big hugs Marilyn

“Grief is the price we pay for love”, I believe and it is worth every tear. I have read your heartrending posts and my heart aches for all of you who are suffering so badly.
I am grieving for my beloved younger brother who passed away on the 7th of November 2015. His death came as a huge shock, although I knew (but wouldn’t accept that he was terminally ill) Mine is a complicated story and I hope that you will bear with me. I was 8 years old when he was born, our dad had been serving overseas in WW2, my sister followed 3 years after my brother and I adored both of them. I was so close to him, as was my husband, my sister not as close, but I love her very much. I knew that my brother and is wife were not getting on very well, she has said to me that she has no time for illness, John was diagnosed as having Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, for which there is no cure. He was admitted to hospital suffering from his second bout of pneumonia, I was told that it wasn’t serious, on the 5th November 2015 our phone rang and much to my joy and relief, my brother’s name popped up on my screen. I was so delighted, believing that he was on the mend enough to contact me, how wrong can we be? btw he lived nearly 200 miles away, but often used to stay the night, whilst he was visiting his wife.he had a pub in North Yorkshire and once a month go down South to spend some time with her. To get back to the phone call, it wasn’t him at all, but his wife crying down the phone, saying J wants to say goodbye, I couldn’t believe my ears. He was given the phone and I shall remember until the day I die, our very brief conversation. Like an idiot I asked him if he was dying. “Yes love” was the answer, “I have rung to say goodbye and to tell you that I love you, sweetheart”. I was so stunned, I replied " and I love you too, sweetheart, go to your rest and be at peace" Then he was gone, he died 2 days later and because of my own ill health I could not make the 200 mile journey to see him. I wasn’t well enough to attend his funeral, but we did get some comfort, our friend who is a priest , held a service at exactly the same time, my brother’s was starting. I think I have said enough now, but did we have fun and games with his wife NOT, take care all of you and rest in the knowledge that one day we SHALL meet our loved ones again.