Does counselling help?

I lost my younger brother in May, he was 6 days away from his 46th birthday. It has really hit me hard and I rarely go a day without tears on this rollercoaster of grief, I am struggling coming to terms with the fact he has really gone and think he is still here. I cannot talk to my parents without crying and I know they are suffering so much and I really don’t want to add to their grief, sometimes I feel the only way to not be sad or cry is to stay away from them but I don’t want to do that, my head is such a mess and I worry that how I am is affecting everyone around me.

Lisalou, you do sound in a bad place at present and very little room to to move. So yes, think about counselling both Sue Ryder and Cruse offer counselling and if you try it and it helps then perhaps your parents may want to try, it’s only an idea.
Thinking of you. Sxx

-https://www.cruse.org.uk/
-https://www.sueryder.org/online-bereavement-counselling

Hi Lisalou

Before the pandemic I was receiving counselling because of my Dads death, due to covid this was drawn to a close, I have since lost my fiance as he caughtcovid, he is the love of my life, we were together for 15 years and did everything together and for one another.

I understand how much of a struggle it is, although I have family and friends I live alone and am in my own bubble 90% of the time, but I think now that I have found this site I can put my mind to helping others deal with their grief which in turn should help me deal with my own grief.

Hi Vikki, what a lovely thing to write and I do hope this community helps you with your journey. Having lost two special people to covid is too horrible to think about. Keep posting and reading other peoples post and I do happy you find some happiness in your life and not always be alone. Stay safe.
S xx

Sorry for the confusion but my dad passed away before covid, I have since lost my fiancé to covid

No worry, you have still lost two very important people. Take care

1 Like