Dog

Never truer words. Our animals are super special.
Pat

1 Like

So sorry for your loss! X

1 Like

Thank you! Xx

I have 2 little dogs and they mean everything to me so no, you’re not being silly to grieve over the loss of your dog it’s perfectly natural. He has been part of your life and it’s tragic that he became so ill at such a young age.
Of course like most other pet owners I have lost pets in the past and each time it’s ripped out a bit of my heart but just having known them has enriched my life greatly, animals are the least selfish things on earth and give unconditional love.
Don’t let anyone tell you how long you need to get over your loss, take your time and take care of yourself.

4 Likes

It’s been almost 3 weeks and I’m still not finding any form of peace with it. I’m crying everyday and cry myself to sleep every night hoping I’ll see him in a dream but it’s only happened twice and ever so briefly. I’m really struggling to come to terms with the fact he’s gone

1 Like

poor you! it seems he was like a human family member to you, the magnitude of the loss being so great. of course, I understand they can be as much, or more than that. I am so sorry. we too grieve dear old Bandit, who died Aug 31st. so funny to write those words. I was his auntie. I cannot imagine that my dear, dear friend is not here any more. it has been so awful, and now so strange. thankfully, the modern world is more cognizant of this kind of pain. sweet consoling thoughts, are with you. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes