Don’t know how to cope

This is the first time I’ve reached out about grieving but im broken and feel so alone. I have just about been surviving.
At the beginning of 2020 my ex husband (my Childrens father) died then in September 2020 my husband died. May 2021 my mum died, June, my grandmother died and in July my son in law died. All from different cancers. I was a carer for my husband mum and son in law.
My family members have either died or are wrapped up in their own grief, we have tried being there for each other but the pain and loss is just too much. I have a six year old grandson who has lost his daddy, 2 grandfathers, great Nan and great great grandmother in the space of 20 months.
How do you get through this?

Oh Karen
That is so dreadful for you. So many losses in such a short time. I am sure the one that is hitting you most is the loss of your husband but you have all the other grief to deal with both your own and others you care for. Be kind to yourself and try and find a bereavement counsellor that is someone just for you to talk to. It has helped me a lot since the death of my husband talking to one from the local hospice.

Thinking of you Judy x

1 Like

Hi Karenjs
I can’t even imagine what you are going through, my husband died in August and that pain has been bad enough but for you all that loss in such a short time. I am so sorry for your losses and agree with the above comments, I tried counsellors but didn’t feel I gained anything then found a local group with people who had either suffered the same loss or had endured the horrendous disease these people could actually relate and understand my pain which I found reassuring. Please consider looking for groups in your area you are not alone in your pain. Take care of yourself I wish you well Sandra