Don’t want to feel distant from my husband

Hi it’s been 6 weeks tomorrow since I lost my husband suddenly. I’m starting to feel as the time goes in and the longer it is without seeing him I feel that we are getting further apart. I don’t want to feel like this , is it normal to feel like this?
I keep trying to tell myself he loved us all so much that he will always be around us. Xx

Hi Jools
Some of us write to our loved ones. Have you tried this. Tell him how you feel and what you have done each day. Tell him how much you love him and miss him. Include him in your life still.
Perhaps it’s your subconscious pushing him away because it hurts too much to remember and you are trying to protect yourself from so much pain.
Have you photo’s of him and if you can cope then put these around the house in nice frames. Talk to him. I have my husband looking at me from every room and can feel his eyes following me.
Of course he will always be with you, it’s just in a different way.
Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Hi Jools,
Yes it’s normal to feel like that. We were with our partners every single day for years and suddenly they’re not there. As the day’s go on it does feel like that. It’s all so hard, all we can do is keep them close in our hearts and minds and think of the lovely memories.
Thinking of you
Steph x

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind replies. I have photos of Mark in the house they have always been there and my daughters have bought me another couple which are lovely.
I like the idea of writing to him , I always say I’m going to but have never gone round to it.
I do talk to him regularly in my mind too, and out loud it does help xx

1 Like

I’m always talking to my wife. It’s only been 3 weeks but it sort of helps. I always say goodnight as have done for 22 years.

I’m the same couldn’t not say goodnight wouldn’t seem right x

1 Like

Hi Jools
It’s been nearly 9 years since I lost my wonderful husband and I felt just as you do. I talk to Don all the time, it makes me feel closer to him and I still ask advice. Talking out loud to Don somehow gives me courage to carry on with life. I too say goodnight to him every night. The lovely people on here understand the feelings you have and are going through so please don’t think you are alone. Keep safe. Annie xx

1 Like

Thanks Annie xx