dont know how to cope

Dear Karie
Sorry you have had to join this organisation that no one wants to be a member of, but I hope you find help and support that we are all sharing.
I am a little further into this journey, 15 months since I lost my loving wife - I can relate to what you are going through now. Shortly after the funeral my old “friends” disappeared, I found myself totally alone and I had no idea how to cope - I do hope you have close friends and family to support you.
Whilst searching the internet I came across this website: https://way-up.co.uk/ - an organisation for people like us. I am finding this site helpful, several local people contacted me and I’ve met people for coffee & a chat - I’m going for lunch with a group of people this Sunday.
There is another social group I joined: https://www.meetup.com/ I’ve made several real friends through local groups and go to events several times a week.
I know what I went through early days and feel I understand what you are going through, but over time things become a little more bearable I would suggest that if you feel ready and would like to meet like minded people, have a look on the “Way-Up” and “Meetup” sites.
Take care of yourself, Richard

1 Like

Dear Karie,
I’m having another one of those sleepless nights …
Just had a look on the Way-Up site, there seems to be quite a number of members in your area, and a couple of nearby events this month. If & when you may feel up for it, why not have a look?
Richard
P.S. I hope the floods have not caused you problems.

1 Like

Thanks Karie
nothing can take away the pain - and nothing or nobody can take away our memories and love.

Tracey x

2 Likes

Thinking about you Karie and sending a hug.

1 Like

Thank you Patriciann, I see your husband died suddenly as mine did - 9 weeks on and today I feel in that shock mode, cried this morning that I want him back even though I know this will not happen, I too am sad. If you ever fancy a walk at Brad gate park in Leicester, let me know. I am now trying to do something on a Sunday instead of crying and relying on my daughter. This is so unfair!

Tracey x

Thanks for getting back to me. i think our husbands died around the same time - near Christmas - which is always difficult. I t is just hitting me at times when I am by myself. Thanks for the invitation . I am quite some distance from Leicester but it is something to think about for the future. I agree weekends are always difficult to fill and Sundays in particular. I have to plan something to do to get through the day. Keep in touch. Patriciannx

Tracey
Thats a good idea. I would be interested even though far away as i like to drivex

thank you im not ready for people yet i dont even know how im going to handle chips funeral. this might sound horrible but i dont want anyone there i just want to say good bye to him just me and chip x

1 Like

my daughters have bought me a dog and he is lovely so affectionate my chips real name was Michael when i was teasing chip i would call him Miguel so my new puppy is now called Miguel. when we went to fetch miquel it was a hour and forty five minutes away i walked through the door and saw this lovely 4 month old puppy i stroked him lifted him up and he hugged me i said i love him. I have got something to care for and a reason to get out the house. I have told chip he isn’t to worry about me because Miguel will protect me. i think a loving pet can heal a lot of wounds my wounds are fresh but i have a dog who loves me and i love him. I will Miss Chip everyday of my life but hopefully Chip can RIP knowing Miguel will protect me i dont want chip missing out on his next journey thinking he has to stay and care for me. Chip had a big adventure ahead of him and one day i will join him x

3 Likes

Karie, that is lovely, actually made me emotional. xxx
Tracey

2 Likes

sorry tracey xxxx

no need for sorry, it was a nice message.
Tracey x

1 Like

thank you hope your ok xx

Hi Karie, your daughters have done the best thing they could for you. Your puppy will help you every day as you have to care for something else other than yourself and when you feel that you just can’t be bothered to move or even get out of bed you dog will give you that incentive to make a move and go for a walk where you will meet people. I have two dogs and love them to bits and owe them so much, I can never repay the love they have given me.
And you certainly don’t sound horrible just wanting the funeral to be just you and Chip. I felt exactly the same just as my husband did , just me and him and no body else to share that day. Unfortunately I didn’t do this and we had the funeral for all our family and friends to attend but by invitation only. However I do regret it now and wished I had done what we really both wanted as not many of those ‘friends’ have been in touch with me since .
Take care xxx

1 Like

Hello, Karie,
I am so pleased for you, I love dogs, thankfully I have a springer spaniel called Polly. I love her to bits, she was Stan’s dog, really and when he passed away she was very subdued. She now follows me around, listens to me and most of all, she does not answer back. :smile: :smile:

1 Like

we said good bye to chip on wednesday it was hard but the service was lovely chips brother in law talked about chip and we had a few giggles and the vicar said some beautiful things. the wake went off ok even thought i was dreading it. However i still cant take it all in. it all still seems unreal i think chip is still about maybe he is. i am coping better i talk to chip all the time i kiss his photo have have his picture right next to my chair and if i want to talk to him i do. i write to him everynight. i miss him so much

1 Like

Stay strong. I’m glad the day went well, I felt a bit calmer after Tim’s funeral, but I was still in shock for weeks. Make sure you look after yourself well, eat and drink properly and try to get some sleep x

1 Like

I know what you mean, the funeral is final but the grief never is, and we just miss them more as the weeks go by. I have felt in a daze again this morning ( 10 weeks on) and have the feeling that I will never manage without him and want to be with him. I guess these are normal feelings ? x

1 Like

very normail. my chip loved summer so now im worried how i will cope knowing he wont be sharing the sunshine with us. im scared about christmas even down to putting the tree up he got me the tree aand we have named ornaments aswell he will have pride of place but its going to hurt. he always made christmas morning breakfast. im plodding on day to day sometimes im fine. i just think he is at home like normal then the reality hits. i have to tell myself chip died i still cant believe it. to me it still isnt real.

Yes I think of Christmas too and how sad it will be also the new year. I cannot win as you say when the sun shine it makes me sad and the lighter nights are just longer days without them. x

1 Like