Dreadful sense of loss..

My husband died on 7 th July this year. He had a particularly nasty form of cancer called mesothelioma. His prognosis in February was 12 months but that turned out to be wildly optimistic. His decline was so rapid.
It’s heartbreaking. How will it ever get better? I am now alone with our three cats. To be honest, they’ve given me a reason to get up in the morning. I would love someone to talk to but there’s just a space around me. It’s awful. I miss him so much.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss
My husband died suddenly at 63 on 8th June this year.
I know how you are feeling heartbroken unhappy sad.
I try to keep busy during the day but i find the nights and weekends are hard and sometimes you just need to speak to someone. I find the silence at home very painful but i get through the days and nights somehow but it is like groundhog day.
I am hoping to volunteer again for a charity. I did for Macmillan before and once i am stronger will do so again.
You could talk to MacMillan helpline who will give you aome guidance or maybe think of some counselling via NHS or Cruise Grief.
Talking on this site helps as you realise you are not alone in your grief and lots of positive ideas to help you cope.
Look after yourself and take time to grieve in your own time x

3 Likes

You could try speaking to the silver line. It is part of age uk and is available for free 24 hours a day.

2 Likes

Hi there. I have just joined. I have just lost my partner to cancer. She passed away on sunday. I am in like you in a way.I am totally alone now. I have no family and all my friends have passed away.Arpart from my two little dachshunds and cat i dont have anyone. I have been sat alone all week. I feel numb and have sort of turned my self off. I find it easier not to think. I have been talking to her and i am sure that she is listening to me. Bev

1 Like

Sure you wouldn’t consider south Somerset rather than Cornwall to move to? Nobody on this forum seems to live down here except me.

2 Likes

Wait for the brain fog to hit. As per usual the advice is to cry when you need to and survive 1 hour at a time.

2 Likes

Thankyou for your support. Yes it is good to know I am not alone. I have the radio on through the night. That helps a bit. Xxx

1 Like

Thankyou, I definitely will. Xx

1 Like

Sorry for you. Your loss is very new. I felt numb for a couple of weeks. Wishing you well. Xxx

1 Like

The brain fog is really annoying. It’s hard enough coping without the fog. Write everything down! Xx

1 Like

@CheesyCob6 - my dear friend - I am so sorry this has happened. How heart breaking and painful for you. You have come to the right place for support. We are a community of folk who have lost their partners and who understand exactly how you feel. There is usually someone around on here, so keep posting and know that we are with you x

1 Like

My husband died 3 weeks ago, it’s impossible isn’t it, I don’t think anyone can understand unless they have been there. People keep asking how I am…… what do you say?
I know they mean well but what can I say, I cry a lot I’m so sad and devastated and trying to deal with the processes is so upsetting.
Keep writing on the forum, it’s helped me loads hearing other stories, we are all so sad x