Dreading mothers day

It is comforting to know I’m not alone. I will be thinking of everyone on here who has lost their mum…thinking of you Christina x

1 Like

I lost my mum three years ago this month and still miss her very much and it is hard to go through Mother Day without her and also birthdays. It is her birthday a few weeks after Mother Day.

1 Like

It hits us all because our mums are so special. In a way, Mothers day is less painful for me than Sundays. My mum passed away two months ago. She had dementia but whilst her personality faded, the love didn’t. Sunday was the day I helped her have a shower, wash her hair and make her look nice. My total pleasure. In the afternoon my daughter would visit with my grand daughter and we would sit together and play and chat. I now treat myself to the flowers I would have bought her. Sad how things can stay so raw for such a long time. Don’t isolate yourself. Be with someone who cares for you. I find that friends help even some have drifted away since my mum passed away. Do take care and find strength in knowing your mum would not want you to be sad.

1 Like

I know the feeling. It’s my 1st mothers day since my lovely mom passed away. I don’t want it to come. I feel angry when others talk about it and when I see adverts advitising gifts and cards.
The feeling of loss and never seeing my mom again is awful and suffering terribly with anxiety. I lost my dad when I was 8 years old. Now I have no parents and feel so lost and alone. Craving that love you only get from a parent.

I hope your ok and cope the best you can this Sunday. I’m off to the seaside to set off some Latens for my mom with a mothers day message attached.

All the best and keep fighting through it. Xx

I’m glad you have some meaningful plan for mothers day on Sunday and setting lanterns up sounds therapeutic. You sound very isolated. A mothers love (not all mothers I sadly add) is unconditional and is never replaced. I find that kind people help and even though we are not directly talking about my mum. Be proud to know that she has made you what you are, a lovely caring person. Talk to her and take things slowly. Not just day by day but hour by hour. I now attend a bereavement group in my area. They meet once a month and I’m sure there will be one in your area. It really helps to be with people who understand our pain and are going through similar feelings. Mothers day will pass quickly. Your mother would not have wanted you to be in such despair. Hold her in your heart. I wish you well. Take care.

1 Like

Having made all my plans of flowers for Mum and all that have spent the week walking along looking at the pavement as cannot bear to look at the shop windows. Worst yesterday was the cinema advert for Pandora and buying your Mum jewellery. Beauty and the Best is not supposed to cause such snivelling I don’t think!

Hi everyone,

I wish that the day passes gently for you all out there. I am following the advice from everyone and celebrate my mother with flowers and fond memories.
I had a milestone day of my own last Friday (March 17th) it was my 53 year to Heaven…and it was the most wretched day I have had…I spent it alone as per normal. went to Cardiff and even though there were crowds I did not belong. sorry for the self pity, folks.
I find that I am breaking down at the slightest opportunity and feeling so cut off at the present.
I am also avoiding the adverts and everything associated with mother’s day. I agree with Mel’s previous message, I too am reverting a child like state and getting rather tearful over silly things; anxious to.
The clocks will be going forward and the sunnier days will appear…but it will also be a reminder for me of the one person that is not here. Every time I will think of the warmer weather I will always think of the times when she would be dressed, hoisted into her wheelchair and we would go off to the park (a place I will avoid) or a Saturday bus trip to Swansea and visit the shops, the market and certain cafes. Sites I will undoubtedly miss. go well folks and wish you all some peace of mind and heart as well…
Dave

Hi Dave
My heart goes out to you as it does to everyone whose feeling so wretched at this time, No words can reach the depth of grief and pain you feel. Call it self pity. I call it honest. It’s hard to know where to go to find comfort. The one we love is just not there and that reality is heart breaking. Maybe we need our own Mothers Day along the lines of Mother Remembrance Day. I find going to my bereavement group such a help where we all know how we feel and it’s the only place I feel I belong at least for a short while. I do things but am going through the motions. The other day I had an appointment and drove myself to an unknown place. It was raining and I drove up and down this busy road in desperation knowing I was lost. I pulled over and just cried my eyes out. I just wanted my mum. I felt like a little helpless girl. My mum wasn’t able to help me for years and the roles had reversed so that I did everything for her, and yet she still has that place of strength in my psyche. I get some comfort from the words by Emily Dickinson. “Unable are the loved to die for love is immortality.” Take care and mind how you go.