Dreams about my mum

I lost my Mum this summer, after a very aggressive cancer took her from us in days.
I keep dreaming about her, touching her soft skin and saying to myself, she’s not dead, she’s warm and alive!
Wake up in a cold sweat.

Hi Annmarie,

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve lost your mum - it sounds as though it was so sudden and it must have been a huge shock. It is common to have dreams about your loved one - some people find them a comfort, but, equally, it can be upsetting when you wake up.

Some other people were writing about their experiences of dreaming about their loved one in this conversation: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/was-crying-till-i-found-website#post-10508

My mum died nearly three years ago now and I used to wake up in floods of tears because she was gone. Now I have dreams where we talk a lot so I treasure these moments even though they are dreams but they do still make me sad. We did have a few months to get used to the idea of loosing her and I am sorry that loosing your mum was so sudden. Our minds take time to make sense of such awful events, all I can say is be gentle with yourself, it is early days.
Sharon

1 Like

My mum died 4 days ago, suddenly. I feel devastated beyond belief. I keep listening to a phone message she left me months ago just to hear her voice.