Drinking not the answer

Been reading with both interest and sadness some of the posts on how people are using alcohol to cope.
Unfortunately it just doesn’t work as the pain will still be there tomorrow. The odd drink or two isn’t bad but just getting blotto and being out of it (the escape from reality) won’t help at all.
I find it really sad that people live like that and we know that alcohol is actually a depressant and can bring you down even further .
We’ve probably all done it though for whatever reason but’ I’d just like to plead with people to try not to go down that slippery slope to self destruction. Its difficult I know and especially with the times were living through now.
Best wishes to all concerned and trying to cope with loss and everyday life x

3 Likes

@Robt1 would you like to share with us your situation so we can understand where you are coming from? We all cope in different ways.

1 Like

I know after losing my partner at the age of 42 to alcohol related liver disease makes me sad i had no idea how much he was drinking and i am very hurt he wanted help but was too late i now wont drink i had a bad a week a few wks ago would have been so easy to go get a bottle of something but no i didnt because i dont want do that
Ive put many replies on recent posts im not going to lecture anyone having a drink or 2 is fine just dont want people hitting the bottle and is spiralling out of conrol rather than talk please please talk my partner never did x

3 Likes

Hi johnswife, I was just reading with interest about how people are not coping and drinking. I was just trying to say when I had been down in the past with something (anything really) and started drinking it made me feel worse as alcohol is a depressant (well it was for me) and the problem you’ve got is still there tomorrow. The drinking may ease the pain but it won’t take it away. I was just concerned about people that’s all. Take care.

1 Like

Hi Fg15 sorry for you loss take care.

1 Like