Easter

Hello everyone

For some, Easter Sunday can be difficult as it brings back memories of families and loved ones getting together at this time of year.

Please remember you are not alone and we are all here as a Community for you to reach out to for comfort and support.

Please take care of yourselves.

Best wishes

Pepsi xx

3 Likes

Please remember the community is always here for each and everyone.
Blessings to you all.

2 Likes

Thank you . My first Easter alone and struggling x

These first anniversaries are very difficult, if you can plan ahead it does help. I know it’s easier said than done but honestly it does help. Tomorrow will be a different day. S xx

1 Like

Thank you Susie , I’ve almost got through another day.
Love Angie xx

Me too first anniversary without both my mum and sister awlfull holiday, I will be glad when it’s over all I can do is visit their graves with flowers and tears this time last year they were both in my life I even took my sister to a gardening Centre where we enjoyed looking at every thing and having a cream tea there in the warmth of the afternoon I so miss them both I am so lonely now take care from me to you karen77 x

1 Like

Hi Karen , I’m so sorry about your mum and sister . First Easter without my mum too , she died June 2021. Its been so tough , thank goodness it is almost over . The loneliness is awful , especially as i cared for her for 26 years . Thinking of you , take care.
Love Angie xx

Thanks Angie me too I was mums carer for 20yrs wish I could do it all again your right life is very lonely without them. My mum also died in June and then my lovely sister in February this year my family is virtually wiped out now I cared for them both untill their ends, which still haunt me both died at home without professional help being present (couldn’t get much if any help) from the NHS or local hospice always COVID and staff shortages being there excuse, trying to be strong but like you will understand it is very hard especially when you have been there primarily carer take care and thanks for responding karen77 x

1 Like

Morning Karen , i would do it all again if i could . I just have my brother left now , life can be so cruel . I’m so sorry you couldn’t get any professional help because of Covid . Another tough day to get through , if you ever need to chat I’m always here . Take good care.
Love Angie xx

Thanks Angie it’s so nice to have someone feeling similar to myself on site. I too have a brother who is married left but once mums house is sold he is moving away and my older sister also will be moving , I hate the thought of selling Mum & dads home it has been our family home for near on 63yrs so a very sad day ahead of us to close the door on so many memories and say another goodbye, I too will then be pushed into finding somewhere new to live. Not sure if I am strong enough to cope with it all but as I have mums pets I need to find a safe haven for them also , I am staying in bed today with the cats and dogs being grateful for their company and love and looking forward to the end of Easter I’ve hated this time, much love back to you Angie karen77 xx

1 Like

Hi Karen . Its sad you have to sell the family home and move on , especially when you want to stay . I thought i wouldn’t be able to cope but we are still here 10 months on so maybe we are stronger than we realise ? I hope today is as kind to you as it can be . I’m glad you have your mums pets to keep you company . Always happy to chat . Sending you love and strength . Take care.
Love Angie xx

I too will be selling the family home of over 60 years. I have been going there every week to visit family for 30 years. Will be so hard to let it go

1 Like

I cared for my brother for 5 months. The hospice wouldn’t visit but he died in hospital as his lung collapsed. Like you I am still haunted by it but miss caring for him. What you have been through is awful

1 Like