Everything

I’ve posted a few times here but today I just feel that things are overwhelmingly awful and the nice weather and the easing of lockdown doesn’t help.

I lost my Mum almost 5 months ago and I miss her so much. I am almost willing there to be another lockdown which I know is awful but I can’t help it - I am hating hearing people talking about returning to normality and people are already saying to me how much they want to meet up and I don’t want to.

3 Likes

Hi
I understand how you feel completely. My mum passed away 6 months ago and part of me isn’t ready to lockdown to ease. It feels like that’s life returning to normal and everyone will expect me to join too. Lockdown meant we could pause life and no one questioned us because everyone was paused, but in reality we didn’t pause because of lockdown, we paused because our hearts broke and we fell apart. Starting life again feels like another stage of moving on and I’m not sure I’m ready for that. Yes part of me wants to see some friends and family more, but at a slow pace. Listening to everyone being excited for shops and cafes etc to open breaks my heart. I used to go for coffees or lunches while on shopping days with my mum all the time. I suppose this is the next stage of our grief journey, we just have to take it slowly and do what we feel ready for.
Take care x

3 Likes

Hi Lynne41

Yes I think you’re right, the key is to take it at our own pace but unfortunately, other people’s expectations make this very difficult and you almost feel you have to justify your grief which isn’t right and it certainly isn’t helpful

I’m sorry for your loss, I know how difficult it must be and how much you miss your Mum.

Nicky x

1 Like

I’m new to this forum, just want to say I understand. Our hearts broke and we fell apart— exactly that. My mum died 9 months ago. Last night the thought of her was so overwhelming, it’s why I found this group. I’ve had to work at my preschool through lockdown but I too feel ‘paused’ in many ways. My sister said the process of grief should help us towards ‘normal’ but the pandemic has scuppered normal so the grief is harder to process. I’m not sure if that’s true but it makes some sense to me.

3 Likes

It makes sense to me too. It’s overwhelming at times isn’t it.

Nicky