Father passed from Covid-19.

Hi Starryowl, I am so sorry about your Mum, bless her x I am RGN/RMN trained - so, yes, should know all the tricks, but, like you, I’ve learnt there are none - and that you have to go through the grief somehow. I am starting to have better days now where I can look ahead as well as back but this is only recently and it all fluctuates… I would like to THANK YOU for raising so much money in your Mum’s memory. That is an amazing and loving thing to do x In the Hospital where I work, there is a garden right in the centre of the building. It is beautiful and a source of joy to the patients, relatives and staff who access it. It is maintained by volunteers. We are so fortunate to have this space. Be comforted and know that everyone who visits your “Mum’s garden” will be grateful to rest and take a moment in a beautiful space. Your Mum will be very proud of you. Well done you xxx

1 Like

That is so sad that he went through all that, all we want is for them to leave with dignity and peace. Yes, it is very annoying when we now hear politicians trying to downplay the significance of what their inaction caused, and instead try and “celebrate” how they have reduced the numbers, wow, 5k is a lot, the care sector in this country needs to be completely revamped because it clearly isn’t going to work for an ageing population.

We have all been through so much. I am so thankful for you all being so understanding & supportive. I think we have all showed resilience through this & I know that mine certainly blossomed through the relationship I had with my Mum & Dad. My brother has Down’s syndrome & yesterday we were told my Dad can finally start taking him to his house for lunch / tea, or out in the car together. This is a major breakthrough for us & I hope it is the next step for Dad (& my brother) in managing their grief.

Love to you all X

1 Like

RCB- I’m so sorry for your heart breaking experience. I’m so sorry that we have all had to go through this!! Really couldn’t have predicted any of this could we! Life changing is an understatement!! I had a miscarriage around the time that my dad went in to hospital too although I feel like that has been suppressed a little as the pain of dad’s situation was too much.

Starryowl- that’s positive that your dad and brother can have some much needed time together. Being with family definitely helps the grieving process. It’s how things should be but sadly not what any of us have been able to do naturally.

Thinking of you all xx

1 Like

Hi Abdullah, I have been an RN for 30 years and I have never seen a patient fight to live like my Dad did. He was a such a lovely person and he went through so much, losing my Mum, being diagnosed with dementia. My parents lived in their house for over 50 years and I had to sell it to pay for their care - but what can you do? There are so many vulnerable people out there with declining health. It’s incredibly sad.

1 Like

I hope your Dad and your Brother have some quality time together where they can support each other x

Thank you, Tasha x I’m sorry to hear that you are going through a painful time too. It’s not easy x

Oh Tasha, a double devastation :cry::cry:

1 Like