Fear

Hi. Jooles. Yes, that’s fine. Forcing yourself to do things may not help at all. But when you do feel a bit more confident give it a go. No matter how long you have been on meds it’s always possible to come off, with advice. Don’t lose heart. Everything passes and when you feel strong enough go for it. Blessings and take care.

1 Like

I’ll definitely look at that website. I think the reason I’m so scared is my mum struggled with mental health issues and it frightened me what she went through. She refused counselling and meds. So I do the opposite. Lol

1 Like

Can’t thank you all enough for your replies. Jonathan you are so right. I’m reading the book it’s great and makes absolute sense to me. Just got to practice it now! Lol x

1 Like

Dear Pen, I have only just spotted your post. I was wondering and I do not want to interfere, have you discussed this anxiety with your GP, if not, I think it would be a wise move. I used to have panic attacks, I still have them but only rarely, take good care of yourself.
MaryL x

Hi MaryL
Yes I’ve seen a couple of different GP’s about my anxiety. One was nice and sent me to bereaved counselling the other seemed uninterested and offers me tranquillisers which I declined. I’m finding Dr Weekes book the most helpful and also the counselling group as I’ve met some nice people who feel similar although none seem to admit to this crushing anxiety. Unfortunately I’m going though the change too! Thanks for taking time to reply.

Thank you, Pen x

I started having panic attacks 2 years after my dad passed suddenly, 27 years ago I looked out for my mum afterwards as she took it very badly as she was with him when he had an unexpected hesrt attack and died before she could even phone for an ambulance. 8 months later my marriage nour up. I’ve suffered with thrm ever since. I m just guessing it was connected. Then 6 months ago I lost my mum after a very short cancer battle. My anxiety had gone through the roof again. Now every little pain I get I think I’m sick I had a lump under my arm convinced myself it was breast cancer. Turned out to be a blocked sweat gland. I have pains in my chest so then googling convinced I’ve got angina when it’s probably anxiety and yes I’m convinced my husband is going to die now. So I’ve been getting organized in case it happens and I’m left on my own. Not normal I know . But guess it is just the feelings we go through after a loss. I keep it bottled in but am getting counselling which hoping will help. Thought I was going crazy but good to read everyone stories to see I’m not . Take care xxx

1 Like

Hello Mosie
I’m so sorry you are going through this but I am so glad you posted your story as you don’t know how it’s helped me. You could be me! I am exactly the same. I am convinced my every ailment means serious illness followed by painful death and also that of my husband I watch him like a hawk and if he is unwell I go into full blown panic. Doesn’t help that he got sepsis a few years ago just before my mum died. I think our life losses and marriage break ups haven’t helped at all. It’s all built up in me leaving me a nervous wreck. I’m glad you’re having counselling. I had some too and it helped but I still panic. The counsellor did say anxiety is so normal after loss though which reassured me but I don’t think I will ever be my old self again I feel a shadow of my former laughing joking love self. I now cautiously creep through life jumping and terrified at every bang! Again thanks so much as I don’t feel so alone knowing you feel like me. Lost both mum and dad and 5 babies so no kids. Add divorce in that too and I suppose it speaks for itself but omg I never realised grief was like this. Take care please keep in touch x

1 Like

Ps yes I also get the chest pains can’t tell you how many times I’ve been to A&E convinces it’s my heart. x

1 Like

Oh Pen. It’s awful isn’t it. Im glad you got what I’m on about.i wouldn’t even say half these things to donr people as I would think I’ve completely lost the plot. I am the same age now as my mum was when she was the widowed and my husband being 11 years older than me is the same age as my dad was when he passed bar one year so as you can imagine my brain is now in overdrive thinking its definitely going to happen to me now. Why not I think its possible. I never assume anything now. Yes I’m the same. I used to be quite a positive happy person now I’m a ahadow of that. I really hope I get my old self back as she was definitely nicer to be. I’ve never known pain like this. I’m just hoping it will get better soon as I’m exhausted with it all. I’m on sick leave from work for 3 weeks. I went back to work the week after the funeral and struggled on and just got to s point where I was so tired with it all I couldn’t function properly luckily work has been very supportive. Hope you are ok xx

Mosie, I have chest ache, it seems as if I have a headache inside my chest. In a way I was relieved that I had an x-ray on my chest, I used to be a smoker, I gave cigarettes up over 3 years ago. I have had a funny do this evening, I was sure that somebody was knocking on my front window, it was probably the TV. I have signed off once, earlier this evening, I came back on to my computer because I was shaking so much.
I do feel sorry that you are going through all this it appears to be an added burden when you are grieving, I am sure that it is stress and anxiety, I am no medic but it adds up to me, or at least in my mind. When you think about it, the horrendous which we are going through, is there any wonder we have a reaction to all this trauma. I do hope that you feel better soon.
Blessings,
MaryL

Hi Mosie and Maryl
I’m struggling today. I keep feeling I’m getting a bad throat and feel achy and tired so this has started my anxiety right off. Last year I had proper flu and got a terrible chest infection and coughed up blood. It terrifies me I’m going to get that again. I have a flu jab too. I’m a total hypochondriac and like you mosie I now think I’m next or my husbands next. I live in fear and have dread in the pit of my tummy the whole time. Sometimes I feel I can’t cope without mum and dad I’m like a frightened little girl. I hope the chest feeling goes Mary I have chest pains a lot too as mentioned and convinced the docs have missed something. It’s all grief I’m sure but I never realised how bad anxiety can be with it. Wishing you both a calm evening x